Fazeley Mill

Laurie Booth

Featured Posts

On 09/01/2019 at 21:45, Laurie.Booth said:

Wow everyone

:)

Thanks for the information, seems to be 90% good for us.

Takeaways very important, reversing is always a problem for my boat but at the moment at Lady Lane, I'm moored on the arm which is a real pain. Electric hook up will be a fantastic thing for us.

The BCN challenge will be a problem

:(

Thanks once again, I'll contact the marina.

Fazeley Mill Marina is on the BCN.  Doesn't the BCN challenge go out that far?

49 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

Sometimes there’s been bonus points for starting at the junction.   

Overall I think more often than not it is included in the challenge but there have been times its been excluded to encourage use of the lesser travelled stretches. 

A year when I moored at Fazeley and was hoping to start from the junction, the stretch from there to salford junction was not on the route planner. The rules tend to get tweeked each year. 

5 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

Some years it does and some years it does not.  When it does it is an “in only” route, ie in towards Birmingham from Fazeley only.  Given Lauries cruising schedule it’s a month cruise from there to Birmingham though, so it would not work!

• Greenie 1

• 5 months later...
On 09/01/2019 at 15:41, nicknorman said:

And of course one advantage of being part of that bigger group is that you get temporary moorings in their other marinas.

... and we have just used that! Arrived in the Anderton area, moorings all full. Stopped at the services and up pops “ABC WiFi”  on our phones. Oh yes, the marina is ABC leisure, and yes we may moor there for the night FOC and we can plug into shore power if we like. Plus of course the free WiFi. All of which is quite good, considering it was raining!

• Greenie 1

36 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

... and we have just used that! Arrived in the Anderton area, moorings all full. Stopped at the services and up pops “ABC WiFi”  on our phones. Oh yes, the marina is ABC leisure, and yes we may moor there for the night FOC and we can plug into shore power if we like. Plus of course the free WiFi. All of which is quite good, considering it was raining!

Just left the Stanley Arms and all  nearby moorings are free. 

Edited by Goliath
As in empty

8 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Just left the Stanley Arms and all  nearby moorings are free. 

We didn’t get that far. Anyway, we have shore power and satellite reception, neither of which we would get on line (trees to the south for most of that stretch).