£50 off Simba. and it's changed my sleeping ;)

Kinver Canopies

Featured Posts

Right. Nothing much to do with boating life here but I'm trying to be helpful. In case any of you folk were thinking of buying a Simba mattress I've just been sent a link for £50 off.

I know we all like to save a few pennies where possible after Christmas. I think you can use it as much as you want. Feel free to share.

https://simba.mention-me.com/m/ode/nw0vc-ian-underwood       if asked the email i used was ian@kinvercanopies.co.uk

oh, I can also confirm my back feels soooooo much better and my nights sleep are great... takes a couple of sleeps to get used to it but after that its amazing.

I would thoroughly recommend this Wakefield based manufacturer & supplier. 

Having previously owned a (really expensive) Tempur mattress, the Wakefield company’s product compares well and is way cheaper. 

https://www.memoryfoamwarehouse.co.uk/mattresses/coolmax-memory-foam-mattress/

We have bought 3 beds/mattresses for our home, one for my mother in law, and one for our previous boat. They also make a useful small double, very useful on many narrowboats. 

I think they hand out a free pillow per referral, if that is the case, I think it should have been mentioned by the OP

I am rather wary of the Simba T&C "friend referral" strategy. I really don't give out my email to all and sundry for them to use for their marketing purposes. . It's quite put me off the Simba mattress, Though it does come in a nice little box ,

Edited by LadyG

2 hours ago, MHS said:

I would thoroughly recommend this Wakefield based manufacturer & supplier. 

Having previously owned a (really expensive) Tempur mattress, the Wakefield company’s product compares well and is way cheaper. 

https://www.memoryfoamwarehouse.co.uk/mattresses/coolmax-memory-foam-mattress/

We have bought 3 beds/mattresses for our home, one for my mother in law, and one for our previous boat. They also make a useful small double, very useful on many narrowboats. 

I wonder why memory foam seems very popular as I know someone who found them very hot, not a problem I have with sleeping, but neither do I want to be "cool".

I was wondering if a memory foam mattress topper would work as a short term solution, or a "test" to see if I would like the memory foam, I tend to change bedding and pillows quite frequently due to asthma type allergies. So something that can be washed easily would be ideal. I had thought about a cotton based mattress topper. 

Edited by LadyG

7 hours ago, LadyG said:

I wonder why memory foam seems very popular as I know someone who found them very hot, not a problem I have with sleeping, but neither do I want to be "cool".

I was wondering if a memory foam mattress topper would work as a short term solution, or a "test" to see if I would like the memory foam, I tend to change bedding and pillows quite frequently due to asthma type allergies. So something that can be washed easily would be ideal. I had thought about a cotton based mattress topper. 

The Coolmax is just one of their ranges, so have a look at their others. Their mattresses are hypoallergenic and have removable washable covers. It’s also good to buy British. 

Living within 30 mins of Wakefield we visited their showroom to try out different ones before buying.

Edited by MHS

On 09/01/2019 at 00:11, LadyG said:

I think they hand out a free pillow per referral, if that is the case, I think it should have been mentioned by the OP

Iam rather wary of the Simba T&C "friend referral" strategy. I really don't give out my email to all and sundry for them to use for their marketing purposes. It's quite put me off the Simba mattress, Though it does come in a nice little box ,

"I think they hand out a free pillow per referral, if that is the case, I think it should have been mentioned by the OP"

The OP would of if he 1.Knew he did,or  2.If he thought it would make a blind bit of difference to  anyone's life in any way shape or form.  they just said I'd get a 'thanks, also'  I don't need another pillow, I've only got one head!  I was only trying to be helpful as I know the Simbas are expensive and I spent ages looking for a discount code.  

"I am rather wary of the Simba T&C "friend referral" strategy. I really don't give out my email to all and sundry for them to use for their marketing purposes."

They already had my email for the order information.

"It's quite put me off the Simba mattress,"

Why on earth would the fact you can (shock announcement ? )get a free Pillow! or £50 off put you off and fantastically made product with great reviews and it has to be said, great marketing? 

Anyway. Small dissection of post over, I'm going for a lie down ;) 

1 hour ago, Kinver Canopies said:

"I think they hand out a free pillow per referral, if that is the case, I think it should have been mentioned by the OP"

The OP would of if he 1.Knew he did,or  2.If he thought it would make a blind bit of difference to  anyone's life in any way shape or form.  they just said I'd get a 'thanks, also'  I don't need another pillow, I've only got one head!  I was only trying to be helpful as I know the Simbas are expensive and I spent ages looking for a discount code.  

"I am rather wary of the Simba T&C "friend referral" strategy. I really don't give out my email to all and sundry for them to use for their marketing purposes."

They already had my email for the order information.

"It's quite put me off the Simba mattress,"

Why on earth would the fact you can (shock announcement ? )get a free Pillow! or £50 off put you off and fantastically made product with great reviews and it has to be said, great marketing? 

Anyway. Small dissection of post over, I'm going for a lie down ;) 

It's the T&C attached to the handing over one's email address, with the "friend referral" scheme.  I don't know if you read them all,. I prefer the companies who say "we won't use your details for marketing purposes" end of. That's what has put me off the purchase, not the pillows.

I thought everyone knew about the discount codes and offers from Simba. To me the product looks good, but why not just reduce the price for everyone? Not everyone wants extra pillows anyway, it seem a strange idea, it's not going to influence many people to hand out referral codes, but that must be the idea,.

https://www.google.com/search?q=discount+code+for+simba+mattress&rlz=1C1SQJL_enGB798GB798&oq=discount+code+for+simba&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l3.10122j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I don't like that kind of marketing. Its their chosen strategy, I can go elsewhere.

It's the same with Amazon, I've stopped using Amazon since they decided to use my debit card details to remove £7.99 pcm from my debit card,  with no email notification.  I got it back, but they should not have taken it from me in the first place. That was the "Kindle App" btw, I don;t even have a phone that does apps!

They did something similar with the "free trial" of Prime delivery service. I am close to an Amazon depot, and used to get same day deliveries, so no need to pay extra, Now I just don't buy from them, greedy, barstewards that they seem to have become, is it not enough to have a profitable company, what is the point of earning $zillions more per annum than you can possibly spend in a lifetime?

Edited by LadyG

On 09/01/2019 at 00:26, LadyG said:

We tried a memory foam mattress topper but failed to notice much difference,  we bit the bullet and bought a memory foam mattress and found it great, no regrets.

Phil

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

It's the T&C attached to the handing over one's email address, with the "friend referral" scheme.  I don't know if you read them all,. I prefer the companies who say "we won't use your details for marketing purposes" end of. That's what has put me off the purchase, not the pillows.

I thought everyone knew about the discount codes and offers from Simba. To me the product looks good, but why not just reduce the price for everyone? Not everyone wants extra pillows anyway, it seem a strange idea, it's not going to influence many people to hand out referral codes, but that must be the idea,.

https://www.google.com/search?q=discount+code+for+simba+mattress&rlz=1C1SQJL_enGB798GB798&oq=discount+code+for+simba&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l3.10122j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I don't like that kind of marketing. Its their chosen strategy, I can go elsewhere.

It's the same with Amazon, I've stopped using Amazon since they decided to use my debit card details to remove £7.99 pcm from my debit card,  with no email notification.  I got it back, but they should not have taken it from me in the first place. That was the "Kindle App" btw, I don;t even have a phone that does apps!

They did something similar with the "free trial" of Prime delivery service. I am close to an Amazon depot, and used to get same day deliveries, so no need to pay extra, Now I just don't buy from them, greedy, barstewards that they seem to have become, is it not enough to have a profitable company, what is the point of earning $zillions more per annum than you can possibly spend in a lifetime?

It will now need to get more so since his ex wife looks set to take half his wealth!

The new scientific way. Lugging about huge cumbersome mattresses are the thing of the past, why?  because one wouldn't be in bed long enough to benefit from them anyway when you buy the new revolutionary Microwave bed, obtainable from  ''Microfusional Slumberness''  invented by me.  Why ? because you'll get 8 hours sleep in 4 minutes. :closedeyes:

• Haha 2

On 11/01/2019 at 12:42, bizzard said:

The new scientific way. Lugging about huge cumbersome mattresses are the thing of the past, why?  because one wouldn't be in bed long enough to benefit from them anyway when you buy the new revolutionary Microwave bed, obtainable from  ''Microfusional Slumberness''  invented by me.  Why ? because you'll get 8 hours sleep in 4 minutes. :closedeyes:

Only works if you have first been shrunk to size by using my [patent applied for] unapersona-nanometer, thr UPN, available from JMC at £99.99p

• Haha 1