horses

haza

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, haza said:

i have logged in ,and i am trying to read the thread about the horses but it keeps coming up .that i dont have permission to do this contact canalworld  why is this thanks

Its been removed.

3 minutes ago, haza said:

i have logged in ,and i am trying to read the thread about the horses but it keeps coming up .that i dont have permission to do this contact canalworld  why is this thanks

There is a quick note here about it. 

https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/topic/99668-horses-in-case-youre-wondering/

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Its Political - the EU introduced the requirement for all horse to have passports and medical records which showed which horses can be used in the food-chain and which cannot.

You've only gone and done it - talked horse, that is.  You may be not long for this pub! Oh, hang on, we're in general boating!!  You really have gone and done it now!

Just now, Sea Dog said:

You've only gone and done it - talked horse, that is.  You may be not long for this pub! Oh, hang on, we're in general boating!!  You really have gone and done it now!

It wasn't me - It was Haza wot dun it - I just added a bit.

Who'd be daft enough to start a thread on horse in general boating ?

Who'd be daft enough to reply without checking it was in the Pub ?

Oh woe is me...... it's all my fault. I think I'll be wearing sackcloths and ashes tomorrow! 

It was a thread I created about 3 horses that I had been told this morning had been abandoned, they were without food, the owner was in prison, the RSPCA had been told but they were ignoring the horses. So I was in panic mode! Wondering how I could help.

I asked here for advice, and the advice was quickly forthcoming and was brilliant!   

After taking a long-range picture of the horses, I could see they had been given hay. People here confirmed the horses didn't appear to be in distress.

After everything had settled down, I was embarrassed, and the thread could have been misconstrued (probably rightly) that I was a nosy interfering busybody!

So I asked if the thread could be removed, as it had served it's purpose. 

No one was naughty or anything like that. It was just me hiding my embarrassment.

Sorry!

• Greenie 1
  • Love 2

35 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Its Political - the EU introduced the requirement for all horse to have passports and medical records which showed which horses can be used in the food-chain and which cannot.

They can’t if they’re pets, apparently. 

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

They can’t if they’re pets, apparently. 

Hmmmm - difficult to prove.

They cannot be used in the food chain if they have had a 'pain killer' (commonly used for inflammation, lameness etc) called "phenylbutazone" (or commonly 'Bute')  and is equivalent to human "ibruprofen" - but stronger.

The vet should note on their passports if Bute has been prescribed.

We currently have 20 ponies and 1 horse.

Most horse owners sign their horses passports to say they cannot ever enter the food chain. If this is not done the vet has to keep a meticulous record in the passport on medication.

There is only one slaughterhouse in E&W which deals with horses for human consumption. AFAIK (Turners).

The Pet Horse Disposal is a Derogation which under perfect conditions allows pet owners to bury a favoured  horse on suitable land. The standard disposal is knackers or cremation to prevent water course contamination.

Edited by LadyG

7 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

They cannot be used in the food chain if they have had a 'pain killer' (commonly used for inflammation, lameness etc) called "phenylbutazone" (or commonly 'Bute')  and is equivalent to human "ibruprofen" - but stronger

Ibruprofen?  Is that similar to Ibuprofen but made in Scotland?

• Greenie 1

Irn Bru with whisky is well known remedy, for all ills, but too good to give to horses ....... raw eggs and Guinness  for active stallions !

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Can't we discuss horses now?  Not even in the pub? ;)

We're not in the pub, yet

Edited by LadyG

i have never been in pub chat ,,,always thought it would be like the chat room they use to have on here ,  what a nasty place that was .some very nasty  obnoxious people on there ..but there where one or two very nice people also .what ever happenend to that chat room .did that get closed down also