Victron newb question

Featured Posts

So for those following my woes i have successfully (i think) fitted a victron 12/2000/80 combi

So i switched it on and it was charging at 14.14v all good and the inverter light was on and green. Then hooked up to shore power and the amber charging light came on all good.

I went out and now have got a flashing orange light on charger....does this mean its in float phase? 

Ive checked the batts and they are at 13.12v.

Is that flashing amber light the norm....the booklet sais flashing amber means float but when on charger only but its on the inverter setting, inverter is working fine charging phones and 230v tv playing nicely.

Sorry for the basic question i just want to be sure!!!

If you are connected to shore power, the inverter is normally off (power sharing with very high loads excepted). The box is just passing through the mains power whilst “stealing” a bit to run the charger function. Inverter kicks in automatically if the shore power goes off.

For this reason, when connected to shore power it is better to have the box set to charger only. That way, if the shore power fails you know about it (mains stops working) whereas if you leave it on automatic, shoild the shore power fail you probably won’t notice - until the inverter has made the batteries flat!

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, Matt&Jo said:

So for those following my woes i have successfully (i think) fitted a victron 12/2000/80 combi

So i switched it on and it was charging at 14.14v all good and the inverter light was on and green. Then hooked up to shore power and the amber charging light came on all good.

I went out and now have got a flashing orange light on charger....does this mean its in float phase? 

Ive checked the batts and they are at 13.12v.

Is that flashing amber light the norm....the booklet sais flashing amber means float but when on charger only but its on the inverter setting, inverter is working fine charging phones and 230v tv playing nicely.

Sorry for the basic question i just want to be sure!!!

It is on my Victron...………………………...

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

If you are connected to shore power, the inverter is normally off (power sharing with very high loads excepted). The box is just passing through the mains power whilst “stealing” a bit to run the charger function. Inverter kicks in automatically if the shore power goes off.

For this reason, when connected to shore power it is better to have the box set to charger only. That way, if the shore power fails you know about it (mains stops working) whereas if you leave it on automatic, shoild the shore power fail you probably won’t notice - until the inverter has made the batteries flat!

5 minutes ago, Halsey said:

It is on my Victron...………………………...

Thanks guys for putting my mind at ease if yours does it halsey as the norm im happy with that 

3 minutes ago, Matt&Jo said:

Yes ive read the manual but its very poor compared to the mastervolt manuals. It just sais the absorbtion, float, led's will light but doesnt explain the sequences unless its a fault sequence.....

It does in mine on page 12 admittedly its only a 1600 

Manual-MultiPlus-Compact-800-1200-1600-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES.pdf