Bread making

Stilllearning

Featured Posts

As a fairly regular bread maker, it has always been slightly problematic to find a good place to prove the dough at a steady warm temperature. Not having an airing cupboard, nor, at least at the moment, a solid fuel stove with warming corner, I have been looking around for a good place to raise the dough. Finally, last week, I found what appears to be the perfect place, and as others might have similar problems, here is my suggested place, on top of the house WiFi router. Warm at a steady temperature 24/7, and best of all, it will be the same in summer or winter. Anyone else have good places to prove dough?

• Greenie 1

I tend to prove in the oven - having had the oven on low for a short while previously, then turned off.

On top of the house WiFi router? Well I suppose it is probably alright but aren't you restricting the ventilation for the router and thus risking it over heating?

2 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

I tend to prove in the oven - having had the oven on low for a short while previously, then turned off.

On top of the house WiFi router? Well I suppose it is probably alright but aren't you restricting the ventilation for the router and thus risking it over heating?

The manufacturer thoughtfully put the air intake on the left hand side of the box, and the exhaust on the right. This box is supplied by Free Telecom, the old one was from Orange, and did have the vent on the top.

8 minutes ago, carlt said:

Which came first... The cauliflower or the airing cupboard. 

The calorifier. Put in place next to the stove with the heights set up for gravity circulation. The airing cupboard was built around it. The airing cupboard was built in such a way that it was still possible to remove the cauliflower. This came in handy some years later!

Jen

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

The calorifier. Put in place next to the stove with the heights set up for gravity circulation. The airing cupboard was built around it. The airing cupboard was built in such a way that it was still possible to remove the cauliflower. This came in handy some years later!

Jen

Cauliflower and sprouts,do I detect a slight vegetable based obsession?????