Thetford Contact Details

Featured Posts

I would like to buy a new toilet seat for my Thetford Porta Potti. Thetford website doesn't seem to give any contact details, just referring you to their dealer network. Unfortunately neither of the dealer's listed here in Newark are interested in ordering one for me, even though I have the part number.

So, does anyone have a phone number or e-mail address for Thetford or can recommend a dealer who is helpful.

Try eBay usually a few on there as they are sold as part of a refurb set and people don't want them otherwise try Motorhome people (like Leisureshop direct) as generally cheaper than chandlers

If you need a low tech solution perhaps ring limekiln in stourport

Edited by Halsey

52 minutes ago, Halsey said:

Try eBay usually a few on there as they are sold as part of a refurb set and people don't want them otherwise try Motorhome people (like Leisureshop direct) as generally cheaper than chandlers

If you need a low tech solution perhaps ring limekiln in stourport

The only one on ebay UK shows out of stock.  There is one shown in the US. It is caravan dealers here in Newark I'm trying, one of whom is shown by Thetford as a 3 star dealer. 

I could try Midland if I dont get anywhere but I not sure they would be very helpful. But I could be wrong. 

Edited by pearley
  • Greenie 1

51 minutes ago, Kendorr said:

Where are you?

I have a spare from buying a new cassette a couple of years ago.

Not got a clue what it is worth it how much it would cost to pack and post it.

PM me if you'd like to chat about it.

Kevin

We are at Newark for the winter before heading to Liverpool in late Spring but ours is a Porta Potti Excellence.

16 minutes ago, Kendorr said:

Sorry Pete, the spare I have is for the C200

Try these

https://www.caravanaccessoryshop.co.uk/product/thetford-porta-potti-excellence-seat-cover-and-lid/5256

Kevin

I'll have to give them a ring.  That did come up on Google but it shows an awful colour.  I'll have to ask if theh can get it in white.

10 hours ago, Kendorr said:

Thanks. It has a different part number but that might be because of the colour. When I empty the cassette tomorrow I'll be cable to turn it upside down and get the model details off the bottom.

6 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

If you do contact Thetford I hope you appraise them of their dealers' unhelpful attitude.

If I find how to contact them I will.

U.K. head office (in Rotherham) 01709 766750 or 0844 997 1960 (which I suspect is a more expensive number to ring).

I was surprised to find that the firm is not of British origin: it originated in America and their European H.Q. is in Holland.

Edited by Athy

2 hours ago, Athy said:

U.K. head office (in Rotherham) 01709 766750 or 0844 997 1960 (which I suspect is a more expensive number to ring).

I was surprised to find that the firm is not of British origin: it originated in America and their European H.Q. is in Holland.

Did find the website but as it was talking about motorhomes I didn't think that was the toilet people but a search of the number would seem it is. The second number should be 0844. Will let you know on Monday how I get on.

13 hours ago, Kendorr said:

If they answer the phone I'll check the part number.

Edited by Athy

37 minutes ago, pearley said:

The second number should be 0844. Will let you know on Monday how I get on.

Sorry. A misquoted phone number is good for neither man nor beast. Now corrected.

I hope the first one's right!

6 hours ago, Athy said:

For Rotherham read,  Manvers,  Wath-Upon-Dearne,  Rotherham

29 minutes ago, Grebe said:

For Rotherham read,  Manvers,  Wath-Upon-Dearne,  Rotherham

Or "Rotherham" for short. Wath your problem? You, as a local man, will have heard of the smaller places but most people won't have.

Edited by Athy

Thanks everybody. Spoke to Thetford today on 01709 766750. Very helpful woman who gave me correct part number and colour code. I mentioned how unhelpful the local dealers were and she suggested Leisure Spares on 01423 320009 as their main spares distributor. 

So new seat now ordered.