In-line fuel filter (cartridge)

Featured Posts

If its correctly installed, your Mikuni fuel take up should be from higher up in the tank than your engine feed. This is so your heating can't drain your tank to a level that would leave you immobilised. Have you checked the fuel tank for sufficient fuel level bearing this in mind?

1 hour ago, canalhippy said:

My my... how embarrassing, seems I need fuel...

Yet another human on the canals. Mind you a picture in this months Waterways World beggars belief. Some one stepped onto/ into a lock the surface of which was covered in leaves. Don`t think it was Dynamo the magician or someone of devout religious beliefs trying to mimic he who can walk on water just someone whose allowed to vote I suppose!!!?

16 minutes ago, jddevel said:

Yet another human on the canals. Mind you a picture in this months Waterways World beggars belief. Some one stepped onto/ into a lock the surface of which was covered in leaves. Don`t think it was Dynamo the magician or someone of devout religious beliefs trying to mimic he who can walk on water just someone whose allowed to vote I suppose!!!?

Probably a remainer voter... oops, sorry :D

norty step for me ;)

• Greenie 2
  • Angry 1

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 15:12, Sea Dog said:

If its correctly installed, your Mikuni fuel take up should be from higher up in the tank than your engine feed. This is so your heating can't drain your tank to a level that would leave you immobilised. Have you checked the fuel tank for sufficient fuel level bearing this in mind?

And I have been thankful for that in our previous boat when cruising in the winter, no heat but we could still motor to the next diesel supplier

2 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

And I have been thankful for that in our previous boat when cruising in the winter, no heat but we could still motor to the next diesel supplier

Yes, it's a shame that the common sense well appears to be drying up, 'cos it was really useful for things like this, wasn't it! :D

• Haha 1

On 05/01/2019 at 05:30, Boater Sam said:

Its a 296 filter in that in line unit.  Cheapest fuel filter available. It does look as though its not been changed for a while.

Go mad and fill the tank whilst its low priced.

Eat you hearts out, road diesel is 47p a litre here. (Philippines)

Can you bring us back about £20 worth, please.

Bod

2 minutes ago, Bod said:

Can you bring us back about £20 worth, please.

Bod

Tricky, Emirates may not like it on the A380, they run on JetA.

Besides its a lurid green colour. 

Best 89 octane unleaded petrol is dearer, 52p, that's red!

My mate swears by running his eberspacher on paraffin for an hour or so now and again, he has a tee piece in the fuel line and a couple of stop valves, just puts a bottle on the branch pipe.

2 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

Tricky, Emirates may not like it on the A380, they run on JetA.

Besides its a lurid green colour. 

Best 89 octane unleaded petrol is dearer, 52p, that's red!

My mate swears by running his eberspacher on paraffin for an hour or so now and again, he has a tee piece in the fuel line and a couple of stop valves, just puts a bottle on the branch pipe.

We had a hurricane on this boat when we bought it. The previous owner ran it on fifty fifty diesel and paraffin mix and swore by it.

Ummm - just in case - When I bought my Mikuni, the fuel pump came in a tube (looking like a long cartridge) - is that what the OP really means? Even so there is a very fine filter built into that tube as well. It does get blocked (eventually).

Given that the main filter is showing a lack of TLC, perhaps it's worth checking / replacing the smaller filter as well?? 

8 hours ago, OldGoat said:

Ummm - just in case - When I bought my Mikuni, the fuel pump came in a tube (looking like a long cartridge) - is that what the OP really means? Even so there is a very fine filter built into that tube as well. It does get blocked (eventually).

Given that the main filter is showing a lack of TLC, perhaps it's worth checking / replacing the smaller filter as well?? 

Yes that filter on the pump is very fine indeed and susceptible to clogging but as its metal mesh it is easily cleaned off.

Phil

22 hours ago, OldGoat said:

Valid point but, from the look of the bilge and the counter in that photo, going round this boat checking and/or replacing things that show a lack of TLC might be quite an extensive job!  That said, I confess do have a bit of a thing about wet and dirty bilges! ;)