Lancaster mooring ?

W+T

Featured Posts

I `think` we have decided on a spot, Skipton was good but then after much thought nah without going into details.

I found a mooring at Hest Bank but a tow path and rather better security.

So a though on as i like sea fishing and no locks ( T`s idea as she is lock`y  lol ) Anywhere north of Gastang so then its a half day cruise to Hest Bank and Morcombe/Lancaster.  

I will be calling Bridge house and Garstang Marina tomorrow to see what the mooring rates are and see if anything is available or upcoming.

Any opinions s on these Marinas ?

Wayne :)

PS 

happy to look elsewhere nearby a si have googled mapped for ages and see a lot about but no info.

Edited by W+T

Try Moons Bridge Marina - it's considerably less than Bridgehouse Marina.

There are a whole load of private moorings from Preston to Garstang - look on Google/Bing maps at satellite view of the canal and you will see dozens of moorings.  Finding out who owns them can be tricky, but most of them have a phone number on a sign next to them.

Roots Lane and Blackleach Lane might be a good place to start.

If you want to be nearer to Lancaster, look around Galgate.

14 hours ago, W+T said:

I `think` we have decided on a spot, Skipton was good but then after much thought nah without going into details.

I found a mooring at Hest Bank but a tow path and rather better security.

So a though on as i like sea fishing and no locks ( T`s idea as she is lock`y  lol ) Anywhere north of Gastang so then its a half day cruise to Hest Bank and Morcombe/Lancaster.  

I will be calling Bridge house and Garstang Marina tomorrow to see what the mooring rates are and see if anything is available or upcoming.

Any opinions s on these Marinas ?

Wayne :)

PS 

happy to look elsewhere nearby a si have googled mapped for ages and see a lot about but no info.

Both of the above mentioned marinas are excellent and Garstang is a good base. There are also many on-line and off-side moorings, both CRT and private, heading north to Galgate, Hest Bank, or even Tewitfield right at the top. 

Is it a cruiser you are looking to moor?

A good chap pointed me in the direction of a farm mooring near Cabus, dirt cheap as i like them. No facilities but for the money  i am not going to grumble, will be checking it out this weekend and if as good as it sounds i will take it now. Cant hang around.

The marinas are nice but dam expensive, even looked at Glasson docks, i was told its a good price there towards other places, not exactly, well good spot but a lot to moor as more i pay the less for the next project