Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

Happy new year to all! Those who share my opinions and those who don't!

• Greenie 3
  • Happy 1

4 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

May I wish all the folk on my ignore list and all the prattling idiots that continually sidetrack and reduce posts to trivia, a  thoroughly miserable New Year.

May all your camels get foot rot and spit in your eyes.

To all other wonderful sensible members of the forum, a joyous and prosperous New Year, may you be healthy, wealthy and wise.

Sam.

Not sure which category I fall into. Either way Happy New Year.

Hope the operation to remove the chip from your shoulder is successful. 

• Greenie 3

5 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

May I wish all the folk on my ignore list and all the prattling idiots that continually sidetrack and reduce posts to trivia, a  thoroughly miserable New Year.

To all other wonderful sensible members of the forum, a joyous and prosperous New Year, may you be healthy, wealthy and wise.

Sam.

Reported :)

Fame at last! Strange sense of humour, its the heat.

Had some very pleasant response to my offering, thank you, its nice to be noticed.

• Unimpressed 2

Sam, don't want to disillusion you but there are no positives regarding your post, if there are they are very well hidden. Maybe you thought to amuse us but you kind of missed the mark 

I will however wish you all the best for the New Year.

Phil

May I wish one and all a very happy and (hopefully) prosperous New Year.

I actually rather enjoy reading a lot of the 'squabbles' on here, 'though it's rather sad some take themselves far too seriously, life's far too short for upsets 😃

• Greenie 3

12 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

Sam.

Sam

I am quite sure that you won't see this post - I'm also quite sure that you do like sidetracking humour (secretly), you just don't see as much of the kind that you like. 

Regardless, I wish you a very happy new year, I hope all the best for you and yours, and that you see good health until I can wish you the same next year. 

With much love and (my famous) hugs - Tumsh. :hug:

PS I gave you a big love heart greenie cos I can. 😉

Edited by Tumshie
  • Greenie 1

12 hours ago, Phil Ambrose said:

New Year is a time for fresh starts and forgiveness not a time for carrying around old baggage

I agree.

In unrelated news the mother-in-law was on the boat today, so I agree more! :giggles:

1 hour ago, Tumshie said:

Sam

I am quite sure that you won't see this post - I'm also quite sure that you do like sidetracking humour (secretly), you just don't see as much of the kind that you like. 

Regardless, I wish you a very happy new year, I hope all the best for you and yours, and that you see good health until I can wish you the same next year. 

With much love and (my famous) hugs - Tumsh. :hug:

Surely no one would block you! You're far too huggable and lovely. Happy New Year x

• Greenie 1
  • Love 1

Somebody Likes Me!!!!  To those who do, a special New Year wish that you live long and happy for at least another year.

Really, posting here is sometimes like shooting fish in a barrel.

Sam.

21 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Well I know which side I fall on but Happy New Year anyway Sam. Hope you have a good one!

But he won't be able to see your post Dr Bob...

Don't worry, I'll pass it on...oh.....no...won't see that either. 🤔

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Tumshie said:

Actually I gave you the big red love heart greenie because I think you need it more that most. :unsure:

• Greenie 4

I sneaked a peek, I seem to have some friends left, must try harder. I love Love Hearts, Swizzle Matlows, New Mills, memories ahh.

Thing about falling out with strangers on the interweb is that if you both met you would find out most if not all the falling out was misunderstanding or miscontruing simple typed words. 

• Greenie 1

58 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Thing about falling out with strangers on the interweb is that if you both met you would find out most if not all the falling out was misunderstanding or miscontruing simple typed words. 

...but why fall out with peeps? If you dont like what someone is saying, then just let it wash over and move on to something you do like. Some people will always be argumentative and I find a lot of it very amusing.  Life really is too short to harbour grudges. Just chill out and enjoy it.

I know what Mark is saying. In real life you wouldn't be arguing over the stuff of arguments here. Me...I'll have a beer with anyone:)

Edited by Dr Bob
  • Greenie 2

I am undecided whether to be a miserable curmudgeon, an angry old man, or a hale fellow well met. Its a problem with advancing age, people begin to expect a certain behaviour.

There are advantages in all three.

I may have to reassess my ignore lists.  Is there a forum limit for ignoring folk? Do they know they are ignored?

For those unfortunate to meet me, beware I may put a hex on you, or there again, stand you a beer.

I am certainly capable of (at least!) both "miserable curmudgeon" and "angry old man".

You have prompted me to actually take a look whether I have anybody on "ignore".

It seems I don't, so, (even as a "grumpy git"),  it seems it is possible to survive life on CWDF without using that facility!

As an aside: I know I did once have one well known member on "ignore", but it was because they asked me to block them so they could experiment with something about how the forum handled it.  If they ever asked me to take them back off of ignore, I guess I never saw it(!), but either way, they no longer are, it seems.

1 hour ago, alan_fincher said:

I am certainly capable of (at least!) both "miserable curmudgeon" and "angry old man".

You have prompted me to actually take a look whether I have anybody on "ignore".

It seems I don't, so, (even as a "grumpy git"),  it seems it is possible to survive life on CWDF without using that facility!

As an aside: I know I did once have one well known member on "ignore", but it was because they asked me to block them so they could experiment with something about how the forum handled it.  If they ever asked me to take them back off of ignore, I guess I never saw it(!), but either way, they no longer are, it seems.

In all the time I’ve been a member here I’ve never put anyone on ignore. Seems pretty pointless and childish to me. I’ve never reported a post for being ‘out of order’ either... for the same reasons. 

It’s just a forum folks. 

Since increasing my ignore list to include all the pratts that babble and the one or two who are just looking for an argument, life has been much more peaceful.

I can recommend it, saves all the angst.

The general content of posts seems to have improved too after certain members huffed and left. Just a few more to go and this will be a good forum.

Still got a few wallies who ask for advice and then say its all wrong and do their own thing,they don't last long anyway.

The thought has occurred to me that if I could also ignore myself, it would be really peaceful all the time.     Is it possible with the forum software?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

Since increasing my ignore list to include all the pratts that babble and the one or two who are just looking for an argument, life has been much more peaceful.

The general content of posts seems to have improved too after certain members huffed and left. Just a few more to go and this will be a good forum.

Still got a few wallies who ask for advice and then say its all wrong and do their own thing,they don't last long anyway.

The thought has occurred to me that if I could also ignore myself, it would be really peaceful all the time.     Is it possible with the forum software?

I think it's called closing your account  ( a bit too radical)

Phil

6 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

Ive just added you to my " Following " list so you cant escape me 😂

• Love 1