Hot water tank

Boat blade

Featured Posts

Hi I've got a leak on my hot water tank which is estimated at 12years old.

Does anybody know where i can find a new one from? preferably the same as the old one installed.

It has 6 pipes coming out of it.

The boat is a steve huddson 2006 narrowboat 

1 minute ago, philjw said:

What colour is the insulation around the tank? Current Surecal ones use blue insulation. Maybe other makes use other colours? Does anyone know?

Surecal - yes, smooth shiny blue plastic outer, (certainly for quite a few years now).
Most other makes usually a rougher foam surface, often in a dull green, but sometimes in some kind of beige or ochre colour.

1 hour ago, Boat blade said:

Hi I've got a leak on my hot water tank which is estimated at 12years old.

Does anybody know where i can find a new one from? preferably the same as the old one installed.

It has 6 pipes coming out of it.

The boat is a steve huddson 2006 narrowboat 

Where is it sited? My Hudson had a surecal mounted on one of the swims horizontaly. A pig to get at. The pipes out will prob be cold in, hot out and two each for two heating coils?

6 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Surecal - yes, smooth shiny blue plastic outer, (certainly for quite a few years now).
Most other makes usually a rougher foam surface, often in a dull green, but sometimes in some kind of beige or ochre colour.

So if it's blue then probably Surecal but otherwise colour is no clue to the maker.

Can the OP confirm that an expansion vessel is fitted? Without these in place calorifiers are stressed and more prone to leaks. Definately worthwhile fitting if not to protect the replacement calorifier.