Vetus vacuflush toilet

Timx

Featured Posts

My toilet is self flushing every few minutes, I have to turn the power off to it, and back on when I want to flush it, otherwise it will continue doing it automatically.

Any ideas what I should do to reset it. Does  that  flush panel ,flip off ,with a screwdriver, it feels quite strongly adhered, or should I be looking elsewhere?

It only started doing it yesterday, I left it turned off overnight, but has continued this morning. I have only just had it pumped out.

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Boater Sam said:

Probably not the pressure sensitive switches in that touch pad but the run timer electronics that it switches.

Ah right, thanks, any solutions you can think of?, I have just come back to the boat after ten days away, could it be damp ? Is it a professional job then, I'm not that handy, ?

4 minutes ago, Timx said:

So do I need to buy the control panel unit? £150 from Vetus , are they easy to fit ?

Would it not be acceptable to have a 'switched-flush' ?

50p switch, use it when needed, switch off when its flushed, or

pay a bit extra for a vacuum switch that switches off after a pre set time (you set it at what ever time period is suitable)

28 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Would it not be acceptable to have a 'switched-flush' ?

50p switch, use it when needed, switch off when its flushed, or

pay a bit extra for a vacuum switch that switches off after a pre set time (you set it at what ever time period is suitable)

Sounds ok but probably beyond my capabilities. Thanks tho.

I don't know the Vetus version but is the water in the loo slowly draining away through the seal and then the vacuum pump running to remake the vacuum? that will

probably require a new seal. If it is actually filling with water and then flushing I guess it could be a pressure switch but there could be things with wires attached and that is black magic.

3 hours ago, Bee said:

I don't know the Vetus version but is the water in the loo slowly draining away through the seal and then the vacuum pump running to remake the vacuum? that will

probably require a new seal. If it is actually filling with water and then flushing I guess it could be a pressure switch but there could be things with wires attached and that is black magic.

Thanks for reply, but no,everything is as normal, just flushes on its own a few minutes after use.

I have a Dometic vacuflush cassette toilet and if the cassette isn't properly sealed you can lose the vacuum without losing water from the toilet bowl and then the vacuum pump will cycle. I imagine the same principle applies to vacuum pump-out toilets.

I don't know your toilet but I would call Lee Sanitation and ask for someone in technical. They could give you some advice and might be able to send you an exploded parts diagram. Don't bother calling after lunch as they don't seem to answer. If they are normal o-rings then see if you can order generic ones from eBay before buying from LeeSan or Vetus. They're measured by diameter (I think it's ID) and thickness gauge (diameter). You'll also need a tube of silicone grease.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carlube-Silicone-Grease-20g/292753779123?hash=item44297c29b3:g:fVMAAOSwzSdbs0FW&_trkparms=gclientid%3DubIZ0B4vgLkksX9CF2abm-11dr1H26ITgd0KoZd60WTScKOzlcqHyo7vlwutPKLp&_trksid=p2489528.m4335.l8656

LeeSan 01295 770000

When you call them it will help if you have the exact model of your toilet.

Edited by blackrose

2 hours ago, blackrose said:

I have a Dometic vacuflush cassette toilet and if the cassette isn't properly sealed you can lose the vacuum without losing water from the toilet bowl and then the vacuum pump will cycle. I imagine the same principle applies to vacuum pump-out toilets.

I don't know your toilet but I would call Lee Sanitation and ask for someone in technical. They could give you some advice and might be able to send you an exploded parts diagram. Don't bother calling after lunch as they don't seem to answer. If they are normal o-rings then see if you can order generic ones from eBay before buying from LeeSan or Vetus. They're measured by diameter (I think it's ID) and thickness gauge (diameter). You'll also need a tube of silicone grease.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carlube-Silicone-Grease-20g/292753779123?hash=item44297c29b3:g:fVMAAOSwzSdbs0FW&_trkparms=gclientid%3DubIZ0B4vgLkksX9CF2abm-11dr1H26ITgd0KoZd60WTScKOzlcqHyo7vlwutPKLp&_trksid=p2489528.m4335.l8656

LeeSan 01295 770000

When you call them it will help if you have the exact model of your toilet.

Thank you,so there could be other reasons rather than the control panel, difficult to diagnose then, and the problem is not identified in the instruction manual, under fault finding. Looks like I am paying someone to find out. 

Why pay someone before you've even asked the experts? I've just given you the number for LeeSan - unless you're going to pay someone to call them? ? 

We don't know if the problem is going to be difficult to diagnose yet. What makes you think it's the switch? 

I think you'll be lucky to find anyone with enough expertise to fix it unless it's Vetus themselves and that will cost a small fortune. This is just my opinion, but apart from the very wealthy, for most people part of living or owning a boat involves getting your hands dirty and learning about how the various systems work. 

By the way, you should probably be switching the toilet off (along with the water pump) everytime you leave the boat anyway. It's just a good habit to get into. If those vacuum or pressurised systems leak they will cycle and that can lead to expensive burned out pumps, flooding or evan a fire.

Edited by blackrose

16 hours ago, blackrose said:

Why pay someone before you've even asked the experts? I've just given you the number for LeeSan - unless you're going to pay someone to call them? ? 

We don't know if the problem is going to be difficult to diagnose yet. What makes you think it's the switch? 

I think you'll be lucky to find anyone with enough expertise to fix it unless it's Vetus themselves and that will cost a small fortune. This is just my opinion, but apart from the very wealthy, for most people part of living or owning a boat involves getting your hands dirty and learning about how the various systems work. 

By the way, you should probably be switching the toilet off (along with the water pump) everytime you leave the boat anyway. It's just a good habit to get into. If those vacuum or pressurised systems leak they will cycle and that can lead to expensive burned out pumps, flooding or evan a fire.

Not ignoring your advice, I was being pessimistic, I was hoping for an easy fiddle fix. I will be ringing up for further advice. Reason I thought it was the switch, was because I looked at manual and although it did not give my fault, it gave something else akin, which , said get new switch, but obviously I won't do that till its diagnosed correctly.

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, Timx said:

Job done ,hope that helps anyone else with this set up, trace to the ribbon connection junction, as it looks susceptiacal to damp.Dont buy a new switch at £140 until you have checked other possibilities.

Nice one!

Thanks for reporting back - as you say it may well help others :)

Edited by WotEver
Phat phingers