Dealer for Barrus Shire parts

RichM

Featured Posts

Just now, RichM said:

Recently I contacted Barrus to obtain a part number. Unfortunately they don't seem to supply parts directly and referred me to a list of dealers. Does anyone recommend anyone for the supply of Barrus Shire parts?

Thanks

RichM

They are just up the road from me in Bicester. I can pop up there if you want?

1 hour ago, RichM said:

Recently I contacted Barrus to obtain a part number. Unfortunately they don't seem to supply parts directly and referred me to a list of dealers. Does anyone recommend anyone for the supply of Barrus Shire parts?

Thanks

RichM

Is it an engine part or a maranising part? if its an engine part you might be better going to a Yanmar dealer, cheaper normally

For a Barrus shire 42 the following after market parts are

STARTER MOTOR:

S13-294 from www.startermotorandalternator.co.uk (also on ebay with same ref number) 

IGNITION SWITCH:

Durite ignition switch 4 position BG1-0-351-05

Greensparkplug company

If it is any use to you location wise the Greensparkplug company are based in middlewich

Edited by reg

19 hours ago, RichM said:

Thanks

RichM

Might be worth mentioning which parts you are after. It might be something for which some-one has found an alternative. I have found some Barrus Shire parts ridiculously expensive. 

• Greenie 1

20 hours ago, RichM said:

Thanks

RichM

Try this link :-    https://www.barrus.co.uk/dealer-locator/

I've used Service Engines UK  for Barrus parts    07810170580    info@serviceenginesuk.co.uk     Ask for Mr. P Baker.   A lot cheaper than marina based agents.

Edited by Flyboy

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/12/2018 at 14:33, RichLech said:

Back in 2013 I got some parts from French Marine Motors of Brightlingsea. 01206 302133  They were very helpful.

On 30/12/2018 at 14:58, 13-10 said:

French Marine are the main parts supplier according to Barrus.

Their prices are reasonable but they're not that well organised and I've had to chase them a few times

Thanks, decided to go with French Marine Motors given they had 2 recommendations. 13-10 is right in that they could be a little more organised as I've had to chase them, though they seem friendly and reasonably priced. For the benefit of anyone who may stumble across this via a search, the parts I ordered were:

1 x RDG5766 82°c Thermostat £12.17

1 x 129795-49551 Gasket £3.15
Carriage £3.50

Thanks all

RichM