Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Alan de Enfield

Boxing Day Meet.

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

When one is in the right, one has no need to justify oneself, and I will not stoop to your typical 'baiting' tactics.

You go ahead and break the law and you will eventually pay the price.

Peaceful protest and disrupting criminal activity is not breaking the law. 

Hunting foxes with dogs is however and the sooner this is enforced properly the better. 

Asking a legitimate question about why terrier men are necessary at a trail or drag hunt is not baiting... it is a genuine question that you seem unable to answer. 

• Greenie 1

Like I said at the beginning of the thread, its more toxic than Brexit innitt 😀

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I agree - but other statements have been.

Any more "baiting" than you accusing legitimate peaceful protesters of criminal activity that we have never done or seen? 

Just now, rowland al said:

But you seem to like starting baiting threads. 😄

Yes it is unusual for a thread starter to refuse to discuss the topic they wanted to discuss. 

Perhaps we were supposed to say "ooh look at their lovely red jackets and pretty horses... What cute doggies (Doff... Doff)" 

• Greenie 4

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I agree - but other statements have been.

So is anyone that doesn’t doff their cap to this so called tradition “baiting” then?? Perhaps you don’t like it when you are chased....imagine being a fox with those twits after you then.....

Edited by Athy
Moderating language.

57 minutes ago, eid said:

Why don't you answer it then?

With regard to the terrier men - I have no idea.

40 minutes ago, frangar said:

So is anyone that doesn’t doff their cap to this so called tradition “baiting” then?? Perhaps you don’t like it when you are chased....imagine being a fox with those twits after you then.....

No doffing necessary - name calling is another matter and it is that that I will not rise-to, if you cannot express yourself without using those tactics then I have no respect for your opinions.

Edited by Athy

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

No doffing necessary - name calling is another matter and it is that that I will not rise-to, if you cannot express yourself without using those tactics then I have no respect for your opinions.

Awwww. Never mind. Best get those terriermen to protect you....after all as Carl says they aren’t really needed on a drag hunt are they so they must need a job 

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

May I slightly rephrase the question (although it wasn't mine originally) since I suspect you may be trying to avoid discussing it?

Is a terrier man needed on a drag hunt?

Edited by eid

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Like I said at the beginning of the thread, its more toxic than Brexit innitt 😀

Probably all the various animal poop being thrown around.

Edited by eid

It may be worth mentioning that there is a difference between a drag hunt and a trail hunt. 

A drag hunt involves laying a prepared scent over a route usually using a sack of aniseed or similar and has been enjoyed for decades by folk who want to chase dogs across the countryside on their horses but have no interest in ripping anything apart at the end. 

The scent used is always "non-animal". 

Terriers are not used on drag hunts. 

Trail hunting is different as the course is not predefined and is designed to simulate a real hunt using animal based scents (for example a dead fox in a a sack) and, because the scent is similar to a live fox the hounds will, purely by accident of course, often divert from the laid trail and chase a live animal. 

When this happens the hunt claims that the most humane thing to do at this stage is to run the fox to ground, set the terriers on it then humanely rip it limb from limb. 

There are no drag hunt "accidents" but many trail hunt ones. 

Trail hunting should be banned and replaced with the drag hunt. 

Edited by carlt
  • Greenie 3

This topic was guaranteed to lead to strong debate, which is a Good Thing. But please keep personal attacks and biological swearing our of your posts. (This comment is, I should add, directed at all posters and not at any specific person).

It’s not baiting to ask questions on a discussion forum, particularly on a thread started by the accuser. Anyway, I am satisfied that Alan is totally ignorant of the facts when it comes to terrier men. However having been up close and personal I can assure you they are there for two reasons. 

1) To chase a fox from ground or indeed to ground for the purpose of digging out to allow the hunt to continue chase or hounds to kill. 

2) To intimidate and attack peaceful and lawful protesters. 

Like Carl, I have only ever seen one idiot try and grab reigns, he was dealt with quickly by us and we continued to disrupt. 

What is is actually happening in the countryside is the exploitation of a very weak law and it’s inability to police it. 

There is so much I detest about the current Labour shambles, however I would and shall vote for them as long as they maintain their tougher stance on such barbaric and elitist practice. 

• Greenie 3

52 minutes ago, Wanted said:

It’s not baiting to ask questions on a discussion forum

No its not, but when terms such as you have 'little man syndrome', live in an 'inbred area' etc etc are used they can hardly be called questions.

I'll leave to all to bask in your self perceived richousness.

10 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

No its not, but when terms such as you have 'little man syndrome', live in an 'inbred area' etc etc are used they can hardly be called questions.

Trust me I had toned down what I originally wrote.....oh and I’m not fussed in the slightest if I offended you. 

Edited by frangar

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I don’t believe I said any of those things Alan. 

Beleive it or not, and I appreciate I have form, but the incessant polarisation we are subjected to in current politics has given me  cause to rexamine my debating technique. 

I am genuinely interested in what makes a hunt supporter tick and leads to such strong feelings towards the destruction of an animal. 

Just now, frangar said:

Trust me I had toned down what I originally wrote.....oh and I’m not fussed in the slightest if I offended you. 

Not offended just disappointed that you seem unable to express yourself without 'attacking the man'.

Likewise if I wrote my true feelings for you I'd pretty soon be banned.

46 minutes ago, Wanted said:

I don’t believe I said any of those things Alan. 

Beleive it or not, and I appreciate I have form, but the incessant polarisation we are subjected to in current politics has given me  cause to rexamine my debating technique. 

I am genuinely interested in what makes a hunt supporter tick and leads to such strong feelings towards the destruction of an animal. 

I think it’s me he’s objecting to......and i really don’t care if I’ve offended  him 

45 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Not offended just disappointed that you seem unable to express yourself without 'attacking the man'.

Likewise if I wrote my true feelings for you I'd pretty soon be banned.

Well feel free to post as you see fit..,,you’ll only make yourself look more out of touch with humanity. And as for attacking the man....well I do believe it was you that was crowing about what fun you had supporting animal cruelty. 

Edited by frangar
Spelling

6 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

We have had this 'discussion' a number of times over the years so you already have the answer.

I accept it is a very divisive subject - primarily split on townie / country lines and it is unlikely that once entrenched, neither side is going to move their position.

The 'sabs' will continue to string wires across fences to bring down the horse and the Hunt will continue to cross main roads and chase foxes.

I see nothing to be gained by further discussion.

3 hours ago, carlt said:

Yes it is unusual for a thread starter to refuse to discuss the topic they wanted to discuss. 

Perhaps we were supposed to say "ooh look at their lovely red jackets and pretty horses... What cute doggies (Doff... Doff)" 

None of the points relating to the indefensible elements of hunting raised in this discussion have been answered by the pro hunt types, only deflection and insult. From Alan's pictures and many other straightforward points, not one has been answered. 

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

2 hours ago, eid said:

May I slightly rephrase the question (although it wasn't mine originally) since I suspect you may be trying to avoid discussing it?

Is a terrier man needed on a drag hunt?

The statement of wires being strung is disingenuous, there may have been an isolated incident over the decades but sense would inform most that all protests have the power to attract the odd violent hanger on, not to forget that it is in the interests of some to put saboteurs in a bad light. As for the name calling, i haven't noticed any protest from yourself towards the other individual who is pro hunting regarding his turrets-like use of the term snowflake. This contrasts with those against hunting, who have called out those wishing harm on those taking part in the hunt.

• Greenie 1

29 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

While you bask in a desire to allow people to engineer the tearing to pieces of a defenceless animal... something which is against the law, as well as humanity.

30 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You could always respond to those who are not attacking the man rather than deflecting the genuine questions by ignoring them. 

• Greenie 3

Perhaps the silence is witness to the fact that the feudal practise is just about impossible to justify in a first world situation unless surrounded by backslappers with vested interests.

• Greenie 3