a reasonable offer.

Clanky

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

It is no racing car by any means but it does pull well as it has plenty of torque. Sitting at 70mph with the cruise control on on the motorway in 6th gear it cruises comfortably at 1500rpm and is nice and quiet.

I think many people have been suspicious of them because they're Korean, but  I have read some very good reports of the make.

(Mind you, the nationality of many cars is rather blurred these days. Our Suzuki S-Cross, while of course nominally Japanese, was, we've discovered, built in Hungary and fitted with an Italian engine).

8 minutes ago, Athy said:

I think many people have been suspicious of them because they're Korean, but  I have read some very good reports of the make.

(Mind you, the nationality of many cars is rather blurred these days. Our Suzuki S-Cross, while of course nominally Japanese, was, we've discovered, built in Hungary and fitted with an Italian engine).

I will be honest Liam surprised me when he said that the Hyundai is what he wanted. But I guess he works on and drives plenty of cars in the line of his work. 

It certainly has the feel of a very well built car and the kit that comes as standard is impressive even on the mid range model we have.

Fuel economy seems good, maintenance costs should be pretty cheap with the £20k or 2 year servicing intervals and zero road tax and parts prices seem pretty cheap compared to other manufacturers. We still have two years manufacturers warranty left for any major items and as an added unexpected extra we have two years UK and EU break down cover left under the Hyundai warranty terms.

29 minutes ago, Athy said:

Zero road tax? How did you wangle that?

I think you mean 20k rather than £20k, which would be expensive for a service, even if only every 2 years.

Ha ha! 

Indeed it should be 20k miles :D

The standard 1.6 diesel I30 is £140 road tax. The Blue Drive with some added technology, stop start, clever alternator system, low rolling resistance tyres and a silly computer thing that tells you when to change gear somehow bring it under the emmisions threshold for free road tax.

Load of tosh if you ask me but we are not complaining!

13 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Load of tosh if you ask me but we are not complaining!

Better a load of tosh than a load of dosh. Mrs. Athy was pleasantly surprised when she got the S-Cross as its tax is only £30 p.a., similar reasons I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

Better a load of tosh than a load of dosh. Mrs. Athy was pleasantly surprised when she got the S-Cross as its tax is only £30 p.a., similar reasons I suppose.

The tyres have already been changed for some cheap crap which will be replaced shortly as they really rubbish and don't fill us with confidence.

The stop start has been turned off and we have found it drives better if you ignore the eco computer!

On 18/01/2019 at 12:56, Tacet said:

I never sell houses in my course of business.  A formal valuation has to refer to a recognised definition - most commonly Market Value, as defined and is usually part of a lengthy report extending maybe 30 sides of A4 (at commensurate expense) ; commercial lending, tax or company accounts are common reasons for needing a formal valuation,    There are some exceptions excusing the use of formal valuations - and giving a guide in the course of an Agency instruction is one of them.  So, when someone on Homes under the Hammer says that a house might achieve £300,000 - that is not a valuation, in my view although others will see it that way.

The starting point for what you will be required to pay will be in the contract with your agent.  But the Estate Agents Act (see s18) https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/38/section/18 deals with some aspects.  And if the agent is RICS registered, the Practice Statement applies

https://www.rics.org/globalassets/rics-website/media/upholding-professional-standards/sector-standards/real-estate/uk-residential-real-estate-agency-6th-edition-rics.pdf

Thanks Tacet.  

Reading through 45 pages of RICS guidance is something of a tall order - and something probably only needed if things go wrong - but I 'flicked' through the pages to get a 'feel' of the content.  

It embodies a basis of 'fairness' for both parties. 

... albeit a cynical view is the whole estate agency business is geared up for those who provide professional support services to make money out of failure. .... eg, structural surveys on aborted sales arising from broken chains... and solicitors paid fees regardless of completion.

But what of boat brokers ?  is it much the same ?

On 20/01/2019 at 15:44, Alan de Enfield said:

What a load of bovine excrement.

If you have in your mind the 'minimum price you will accept' after the broker has deducted his commission, and, you don't get any offers that achieve that level, then your aspirations are set too high, and 'above the market price'.

About the only thing that you have posted that id correct & makes sense.

One tries to please! bovine

On 20/01/2019 at 17:58, Naughty Cal said:

The tyres have already been changed for some cheap crap which will be replaced shortly as they really rubbish and don't fill us with confidence.

The stop start has been turned off and we have found it drives better if you ignore the eco computer!

"......Trust the Force.....Cal..."