Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Alan de Enfield

Well Done That Man ! (LadyG)

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Jennifer McM said:

Sometimes it helps to look at the situation from another viewpoint. The view from an 'imaginary' Martian's home usually puts things into perspective. 

We're all doomed and going to die anyway.... but not today!

Have a great Boxing Day everyone! 

What do you mean "imaginary "? Richard Burton was pretty convincing....?

• Greenie 2

13 hours ago, rowland al said:

Of course the Mike the Boilerman thread was started as an attempt as a piece of mild humour —-

—— but I guess it's life that there are quite a few who seem to gain some strange enjoyment from it.

To use the words of Mr Davis -

“Hypercrite”  ?

Selectively cutting out bits of one of my posts from two completely different paragraphs, and then stringing the words together to imply I have said something quite different to anything I have actually said seems a fairly pointless exercise.

Care to explain?

7 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Strange how this thread has gone from one of 'thanks' to one of virtually continuous criticism and 'we are all going to die'.

Surely "We are all going to die" is one thing that we should all be able to agree on?

9 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Surely "We are all going to die" is one thing that we should all be able to agree on?

At the risk of going even further 'off-topic' I reckon some forum members consider themselves to be above such mundane thoughts (and, if it should happen, after 3 days they will be back !!)

Season's greetings.
Forums aint what they used to be. Reading through this reminds me why I largely tend to stay off them these days. Thanks for the reminder.

Edited by Guest

30 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Nope. I'm not going. It's too nice here.

Just now, catweasel said:

Forums aint what they used to be. Reading through this reminds me why I largely tend to stay off them these days. Thanks for the reminder.

Nah, just stay out of the pub. "General" is full of useful chat and the engine bits are essential for those of us who panic at the sight of an oil leak.

This pub's been OK for a year or two, but every now and then it reverts to sawdust on the floor, only one toilet and the dartboard hung on the back of the door....

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Nah, just stay out of the pub. "General" is full of useful chat and the engine bits are essential for those of us who panic at the sight of an oil leak.

This pub's been OK for a year or two, but every now and then it reverts to sawdust on the floor, only one toilet and the dartboard hung on the back of the door....

Fair point.

39 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I like pubs like that.....one of the reasons I frequent the Anchor....although Olive wouldn't allow the swearing that goes on in here....

Sign in to follow this