Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Alan de Enfield

Well Done That Man ! (LadyG)

Featured Posts

16 minutes ago, Wanted said:

Major agitator in a very very small pond though.. ;) 

Can’t argue with that. A sense of proportion is healthy.

• Greenie 1

26 minutes ago, Wanted said:

Major agitator in a very very small pond though.. ;) 

Better Major Agitator than General Troublemaker.

(But most of 'em are more like Captain Mainwaring!)

14 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

Hull is reminiscent of a Ship's Lifeboat Glassed over Timber Cabin?

1965 fairey fisherman. 

Hot moulded agba Hull, ply cabin. 

The original design was a bid to build ships lifeboats for the government but it was too expensive so fairey adapted it to become a motorsailer. 

Lister alpha lpw4 and the sails are stowed in a locker but I'm hoping I can figure out how to rig them before moving in March. 

8 minutes ago, carlt said:

1965 fairey fisherman. 

Hot moulded agba Hull, ply cabin. 

The original design was a bid to build ships lifeboats for the government but it was too expensive so fairey adapted it to become a motorsailer. 

Lister alpha lpw4 and the sails are stowed in a locker but I'm hoping I can figure out how to rig them before moving in March. 

Fairey made some Legendary  craft ,have worked on quite a few of the Twin screw Power boats but no Knowledge of their sailing Boats.

7 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

If you'll pardon the phrase, and the mods will allow it, bollocks. 

You know as well as I do what I'm talking about, and so does everyone else on here, so stop stirring. Go back to the playground. 

ETA or grow up. 

No I don’t know what you’re talking about (and you still haven’t backed up your allegations of ‘abuse’). 

Ironically you resort to abuse , but I’m sure the mods will allow it.

• Greenie 2

4 hours ago, nicknorman said:

One only has to look at the thread to see that the starter was not a TB person, the subject matter was not a TB person, most of the posters were not TB people. Several of the non-TB people inflamed the situation by reporting what was being said on TB, on here. I, as a TB person, went to some trouble to check that Lady G was alright and to try to tempt her away from the keyboard. And so if anyone thinks that I am defined by being a member of TB then they are as nasty as they are stupid, ignorant and bigoted. There is another forum with different rules. And it doesn't have major operational wobbles. Get over it!

Of course the Mike the Boilerman thread was started as an attempt as a piece of mild humour.  With his prolific posting rate of late, I was expecting him to overtake me fairly soon as "top poster", and felt I was being denied that if he ceased to post.  Nothing deeper than that triviality was ever intended

I think it is purely coincidental that this happen to be a thread where various less humorous thing have subsequently taken place  The stupid spats could have occurred in any thread that was started innocently enough on any matter, and it is largely a matter of randomness that they happened to occur in this one.

I certainly ain't about to apologise for starting the thread, because the initial subject matter could hardly have been less controversial.

Inidentally I'm actually pleased that on the whole I have no chance of identifying a TB person from a non TB person, unless they actually identify themselves as one.  I'm sure there are plenty of people who are not TB people capable of stirring things up, in just the same way as there are plenty of people who are TB people who stir things up.  I'd be happier could resist the temptation, but I guess it's life that there are quite a few who seem to gain some strange enjoyment from it.

Edited by alan_fincher
I can't tyoe on my brand new laptop without dropping letters, it seems!
  • Greenie 3

53 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Better Major Agitator than General Troublemaker.

(But most of 'em are more like Captain Mainwaring!)

Who?

Phil

7 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Of course the Mike the Boilerman thread was started as an attempt as a piece of mild humour —-

—— but I guess it's life that there are quite a few who seem to gain some strange enjoyment from it.

To use the words of Mr Davis -

“Hypercrite”  ?

5 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

That's close to what I was thinking ...

I share that thought, Alan has nothing to reproach himself for. And as far as stirring things well there has been an element of that on this thread, having the troll word fired about is not something that was needed in fact those who throw the word around should seek the true definition of the term.

Phil

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, cereal tiller said:

Thank you ,it is a Shame that I have been Labouring under a delusion ,have always considered my action to be those of a light hearted and polite Mediator.are there other major agitators on CWDF? I would enjoy meeting them .P.S. I blame the Outer Mongolian Tribes for most of the World's ills and not the Groups that you describe.

Thanks again.

yeah, you're a blinkin' angel, innit?        :banghead:

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Of course the Mike the Boilerman thread was started as an attempt as a piece of mild humour.  With his prolific posting rate of late, I was expecting him to overtake me fairly soon as "top poster", and felt I was being denied that if he ceased to post.  Nothing deeper than that triviality was ever intended

I think it is purely coincidental that this happen to be a thread where various less humorous thing have subsequently taken place  The stupid spats could have occurred in any thread that was started innocently enough on any matter, and it is largely a matter of randomness that they happened to occur in this one.

I certainly ain't about to apologise for starting the thread, because the initial subject matter could hardly have been less controversial.

Inidentally I'm actually pleased that on the whole I have no chance of identifying a TB person from a non TB person, unless they actually identify themselves as one.  I'm sure there are plenty of people who are not TB people capable of stirring things up, in just the same way as there are plenty of people who are TB people who stir things up.  I'd be happier could resist the temptation, but I guess it's life that there are quite a few who seem to gain some strange enjoyment from it.

Alan, I was not trying to hint, imply or suggest that you were in any way to blame for the way the thread progressed. It was a perfectly reasonable thing to do. Personally I miss MtB and hope he returns. Without threads such as yours he might feel as though he wasn’t missed.

However it is also wrong to suggest that the thread degenerated because of some input from TB “pirates”. That is complete bollocks and that was all I was trying to point out.

So absolutely no apology is expected or required.

As to the rest, I can’t disagree.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Phil Ambrose said:

I share that thought, Alan has nothing to reproach himself for. And as far as stirring things well there has been an element of that on this thread, having the troll word fired about is not something that was needed in fact those who throw the word around should seek the true definition of the term.

Phil

I think the problem is that the most damaging type of trolling is the subtle baiting which most mods would probably miss. It’s easy to spot the abusive words, but the more devious stuff gets missed. As a result, the real culprits get away with it whilst those who respond in anger get warnings or bans. 

I suppose the good thing with the other forum is that it’s a level playing field. People only dish stuff out if they can take it. Here the culprits  just press the ‘please miss’  button. 

• Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I dunno but my Mum always told me to stop picking at scabs, it made it worse apparently 

You must admit that sometimes they do itch something 'rotten' and a weaker-willed person may not be able to resist.

• Greenie 1

6 hours ago, NB Esk said:

You don't have to accept the resignation Daniel.  You had plenty of spirit back in the day when Jon was the site owner, indeed you yourself was threatened with disciplinary action when you told someone to go and F#€K themselves, so maybe you could show some of that now and keep her on.

So do I, it was me he said it to.   He did apologise the next day after I asked if his grandfather would approve of his language, and no, I did not report him.

13 hours ago, NB Esk said:

Is that like Superbole.

Not at all: that's an American sporting event.

Sometimes it helps to look at the situation from another viewpoint. The view from an 'imaginary' Martian's home usually puts things into perspective. 

We're all doomed and going to die anyway.... but not today!

Have a great Boxing Day everyone! 

• Greenie 3

Sign in to follow this