Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Alan de Enfield

Well Done That Man ! (LadyG)

Featured Posts

But there's a post saying she's resigned as a mod, why should she have to do that? Okay she made a mistake, for which she gave an explanation and also an apology.  So why the drama, unless the forum is populated by folk who've never made a mistake, why resign?

• Greenie 2

2 minutes ago, NB Esk said:

But there's a post saying she's resigned as a mod, why should she have to do that? Okay she made a mistake, for which she gave an explanation and also an apology.  So why the drama, unless the forum is populated by folk who've never made a mistake, why resign?

Lady G resigned voluntarily ,she did display good Standards but they can be hard to maintain these days when Many Folk like to act the Goat.

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

Lady G resigned voluntarily ,she did display good Standards but they can be hard to maintain these days when Many Folk like to act the Goat.

And if I was in a humorous mood I'd probably come back with something like "I blame the nanny state for that" but you know what? Can't be arsed....

• Greenie 1

13 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

If so, probably because she was sick of the crap handed out by some of the members on the Boilerman thread. Doesn't matter how thick skinned you are, the childishness and abuse winds you up and wears you down - which is why I'm still not a member of TB. And why should you voluntarily up with it put? 

Greenie for you there Arthur, well said. That was the bones of my comment about children.

Much prefer to have sensible discourse with adults.

16 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

If so, probably because she was sick of the crap handed out by some of the members on the Boilerman thread. Doesn't matter how thick skinned you are, the childishness and abuse winds you up and wears you down - which is why I'm still not a member of TB. And why should you voluntarily up with it put? 

It was obvious that there was a Concerted campaign to wind her up ,I guess they have all returned to 'Lord of the Flies Island" now. Lol

3 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

It was obvious that there was a Concerted campaign to wind her up ,I guess they have all returned to 'Lord of the Flies Island" now. Lol

I'm not sure it has residential moorings.

1 hour ago, Arthur Marshall said:

What abuse on the MtB thread?

Lady G apologised, that’s surely good enough, why drag it all up again?

28 minutes ago, rowland al said:

Lady G apologised, that’s surely good enough, why drag it all up again?

Because Arthur was answering another member's post. We are allowed to do that, in fact it's encouraged: you've just done so, and now so have I.

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

Because Arthur was answering another member's post. We are allowed to do that, in fact it's encouraged: you've just done so, and now so have I.

So where was the abuse in the MtB thread then Athy? 

7 minutes ago, rowland al said:

So where was the abuse in the MtB thread then Athy? 

Though I wasn't involved with the process, I think you may find that any abusive posts have been hidden. But in any case Arthur was not "dragging it up again", he was giving a valid answer to someone else's post, and the exact location and nature of the alleged abuse are not relevant.

5 minutes ago, Athy said:

Though I wasn't involved with the process, I think you may find that any abusive posts have been hidden. But in any case Arthur was not "dragging it up again", he was giving a valid answer to someone else's post, and the exact location and nature of the alleged abuse are not relevant.

Ok, let’s see if Arthur can back up his allegations then, otherwise it just sounds like baiting all over again. 

3 minutes ago, rowland al said:

Ok, let’s see if Arthur can back up his allegations then, otherwise it just sounds like baiting all over again. 

I don't think so, and that's certainly not the way in which we should be thinking on this day of goodwill to all.

If you'll excuse me, I'm off to attempt to make a bigarade sauce.

Edited by Athy

3 hours ago, cereal tiller said:

Does this mean that a Mod position is now available for MTB 

:)

I too extend my thanks for LadyG’s time as a moderator. 

It is a thankless task at best and I think as a relative newcomer to the site she fell victim to a lack of “history” of the forum.

I do hope she keeps posting as a mere mortal like the rest of us..

Happy Christmas Everyone..

• Greenie 4

35 minutes ago, Dyertribe said:

I do hope she keeps posting as a mere mortal like the rest of us..

She appears to still be a mod.

I am rather saddened to learn of LadyG's resignation. Apart from the one off fat finger mistake which upset MtB,  I think she has been one of the more measured and consistent moderators, and will be missed. I hope she will continue to contribute to the forum.

• Greenie 3

Fairly sure LadyG is not a man....

... however I agree that it takes a lot to apologise. Nobody is perfect, or even can be perfect, being human is part of life. 

We are very sad to see her leave but must respect that decision. 

Daniel