Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
canalhippy

Dreadlocks

Featured Posts

44 minutes ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

Some think that only people of Caribbean heritage should have dreadlocks. I think they call it cultural misappropriation. Apparently it's seen as some kind of theft. 

Mine arrived because I threw away my hair brush.

8 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

You will be wanting hair driers on boats next

I have one, it’s called a wood burning stove...

9 hours ago, canalhippy said:

Hi all 🖖 Merry Christmas 🎄 

Do we have many dread heads on here?

If it helps...

I did have for about 13yrs they used to reach my arse and were the result of a bet, mind that was about 20yrs ago

I now dye my hair grey, its more age appropriate. Underneath it is still the same glossy rich brown that it always was - honest.

11 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

I would be happy to have hair all over the top of my head

So, your favourite shampoo is Shoulders?

(I am progressing gradually in that direction myself. I few more years, and I'll have to carry my dandruff around in a matchbox.)

Edited by Athy

13 hours ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

Some think that only people of Caribbean heritage should have dreadlocks. I think they call it cultural misappropriation. Apparently it's seen as some kind of theft. 

As a Yorkshireman I sympathise with the rastafarian claim to exclusive rights to the wearing of dreadlocks. 

I am starting a campaign to stop non-yorkshire folk eating our puddings. 

Cultural appropriation at its most insidious. 

• Greenie 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, carlt said:

As a Yorkshireman I sympathise with the rastafarian claim to exclusive rights to the wearing of dreadlocks. 

As a Derbyshire-born man I object to people who lead our Bakewell Puddings astray and turn them into little tarts.

55 minutes ago, carlt said:

im with you on this one. Why is it that any old peelock is allowed to make and sell " Yorkshire puddings " when only people in Cornwall can make and sell " Cornish pasties " !!!!!

Oh I know why cos the eu says so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😎

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, canalhippy said:

I don’t remember mentioning Brexit 🤔

Apparently Jamaica has applied to join the EU to stop hippies culturally appropriating their hairdo. 

• Horror 1

11 minutes ago, carlt said:

Apparently Jamaica has applied to join the EU to stop hippies culturally appropriating their hairdo. 

They did apply, but they were locked out.

On 24/12/2018 at 11:40, canalhippy said:

Hi all 🖖 Merry Christmas 🎄 

Do we have many dread heads on here?

I often see Big Mountains on boats. Quite a few fake rastas on the waterways. 😂

Screenshot_20181226-071818.png

First heard about 'Culture Misappropriation' from a Labour MP who complained about a famous Italian chef, making a Carribean dish.

The funny thing about the story was that this MP was seen in the House of Commons wearing a tartan scarf after causing the stir. 

I've no idea where this is going to end! The tin of Roses will have to come off next year's Christmas shopping list.

Apparently it's OK for a black woman to straighten her hair because she's in the minority, and she's just trying to fit in with the majority. It's not OK for a white bloke to have dreadlocks though, he's taking something which belongs to a different race, it carries a premium, so it's a type of theft. So goes the battered logic of some, and they get quite angry about it.

• Greenie 1

27 minutes ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

Apparently it's OK for a black woman to straighten her hair because she's in the minority, and she's just trying to fit in with the majority. It's not OK for a white bloke to have dreadlocks though, he's taking something which belongs to a different race, it carries a premium, so it's a type of theft. So goes the battered logic of some, and they get quite angry about it.

I’ve never really understood how it can be seen as cultural appropriation. I had long hair, threw away my brush and literally did nothing to my hair and this happened. Wasn’t trying to copy or appropriate anyone, just trying a little less hair maintenance.

E5C6EB16-A579-4ED9-B44F-673816E9A4A9.jpeg

• Greenie 1
  • Love 1