Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Antony

What is the worst Christmas present you have ever received ?

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, Antony said:

Mine was a mesh bag with three Spanish onions in it ???????

Are you questioning whether they were Spanish or whether they were onions?

My first reaction is a brand of revolting confectionery called "Ferrero Rocher". Pupils in my class used to give me boxes of them at Christmas, and think I was a lovely, generous man because I would offer the chocolates around on the last break-time of the term - little realising that I couldn't stand the bloody things.

Once, when I was a boy in Sheffield, my Auntie Betty across the road gave me two presents for Christmas. I walked across the road, thanked her for one of them and gave her the other one back, explaining that I didn't want it.  In my defence, I must have been only four years old at the time. I have no idea what the present was but it must have  seemed pretty darned hideous to me. She has, incidentally, since forgiven me.

12 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

Hai Karate After Shave

i too was a victim of a Hai Karate gift set one Xmas, but as i was 11 or 12 at the time it was of little use other than an addition to the Chemistry set another relative foolishly bought me ūüėā

A copy of 'Black Beauty' when I was 16.  A present from a distant aged aunt who still seemed to think I was the same age as when she last saw me, ten years previously.

7 minutes ago, Athy said:

Are you questioning whether they were Spanish or whether they were onions?

My first reaction is a brand of revolting confectionery called "Ferrero Rocher". Pupils in my class used to give me boxes of them at Christmas, and think I was a lovely, generous man because I would offer the chocolates around on the last break-time of the term - little realising that I couldn't stand the bloody things.

Once, when I was a boy in Sheffield, my Auntie Betty across the road gave me two presents for Christmas. I walked across the road, thanked her for one of them and gave her the other one back, explaining that I didn't want it.  In my defence, I must have been only four years old at the time. I have no idea what the present was but it must have  seemed pretty darned hideous to me. She has, incidentally, since forgiven me.

Ferreror Rocher :sick: absolutely inedible innitt!!

Just now, Hudds Lad said:

i too was a victim of a Hai Karate gift set one Xmas, but as i was 11 or 12 at the time it was of little use other than an addition to the Chemistry set another relative foolishly bought me ūüėā

There was an Expensive and humorous Ad. campaign for it so Relatives bought it thinking I would like it.

It Smelt revolting and could not be used for anything else!

It might have been an adequate Zombie/Vampire repellent ,will never know?

One year I got some myrrh. Nasty stinky stuff. And some frankincense. That was even more stinky, made me scream. I thought the gold I was also given was going to have chocolate inside but it turned out to be solid. No fun in that. It was a miserable year.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

One year I got some myrrh. Nasty stinky stuff. And some frankincense. That was even more stinky, made me scream. I thought the gold I was also given was going to have chocolate inside but it turned out to be solid. No fun in that. It was a miserable year.

And I bet trying to kip in that manger wasn't exactly 4 star either 

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

And I bet trying to kip in that manger wasn't exactly 4 star either 

A distant relative of my wife was sent a broken vase through the post. It can happen, I suppose, but you don't normally receive the broken piece in the same parcel, separately wrapped!

Howard

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

My sister-in-law once gave me some Harley Davidson after shave. It smells quite nice, but since I’ve worn a beard for the last 40 years and don’t ride a bike...

Recently, people have started giving me all sorts of chutneys. I’m a diet controlled diabetic and they all just taste far too sweet these days. At least they make good onward gifts.

The most dissapointing and what turned out to be the most useful present that I ever received when I was a kid, was a pair of welly boots.

Edited by artleknock
  • Happy 1

13 minutes ago, NB Esk said:

One sock....

I suppose it started out with two of 'em.  One probably made a dash for freedom.

With hindsight it probably hopped it.....

• Greenie 1

21 minutes ago, Tonka said:

"Mike the Boilerman" being allowed back on the forum

Whats happened to the Season of Goodwill?  :cheers:

Howard

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Tonka said:

"Mike the Boilerman" being allowed back on the forum

Unkind. Especially as he hasn't been banned, his absence is self declared.

Edited by David Schweizer
  • Greenie 1

37 minutes ago, howardang said:

A distant relative of my wife was sent a broken vase through the post. It can happen, I suppose, but you don't normally receive the broken piece in the same parcel, separately wrapped!

Howard

They weren't stamped "Airfix" by any chance?

Just now, David Schweizer said:

Unkind. Especially as he hasn't been banned, his absence is self declared.

I think Mr. Tonka was joking.

6 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Ferreror Rocher :sick: absolutely inedible innitt!!

"Monsieur  with these Ferrero Rocher you are really spoiling us."  - Euck.

I have been given some in the past.  As it was a late Christmas present I think it was a second hand reject.

Edited by Ray T

On 23/12/2018 at 13:45, cuthound said:

A bottle of Guinness from my then soon to be parents in law!

I think you still had time to "back off"

3 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I think you still had time to "back off"

PS, Live TV has just "come on my screen", Boxing Day Special "Entertainment Quiz" omg.

Edited by LadyG