Nati

Featured Posts

You see Sam this is what I was thinking to do anyway. 

I was thinking to replaced this engine with something that’s smaller a little bit and easier to handle. 

Question is will the structure of boat Handel the change ? I mean kelvin waighs  1.5 ton 

And newer engines don’t Weigh as much 

if this kelvin was there from Build then it’s part of the ballast and removing it would make the boat unstable in the water right ?  

Edited by Nati

Just now, Nati said:

You see Sam this is what I was thinking to do anyway. 

I was thinking to replaced this engine with something that’s smaller a little bit and easier to handle. 

Question is will the structure of boat Handel the change ? I mean kelvin waighs  1.5 ton 

And the newer engines will don’t think they are as heavy 

If you no nothing about vintage engines, and are not up for learning about them, this makes a lot of sense

I have experience of people new to boating who have bought boats to live on (usually in London) with idiosyncratic engines. It often doesn't end well

Putting a lighter engine in is easier than going the other way, you just need to replace the lost weight with ballast. You also have the luxury of being able to choose how to distribute the ballast to deal with any stability issues

Richard

A further thought. A new Beta with the associated steelwork, skin tanks, gearbox, prop shaft, propeller, controls, installation and commissioning is likely to be about what you may sell the K2 for

Richard

• Greenie 1

Anything modern is "smaller a little bit" than a K2!

You probably will not be able to fit a big enough prop to that hull for the K2 anyway.

The hull was probably built with a shallow draught, small prop in mind, you need to measure the stern post.

With only a 6mm base plate you will need ballast for any engine, its easy to add weight.

Edited by Boater Sam
added more