Can one select to ignore a topic?

Featured Posts

46 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

Ignoring people on the forum is easy, but isthere a way to ignore topics that one finds annoying? I have looked around the site and can’t see any way of doing it, but might have missed a link.

Its similar to a tv. You can simply not select that topic. Easy peasy. There are several that I never open.

Just now, mrsmelly said:

Its similar to a tv. You can simply not select that topic. Easy peasy. There are several that I never open.

I have some areas not selected, for example 'the virtual pub' but I don't think you can do that for a particular thread (which I think the OP meant). When the recent 'humour' thread appeared I could not ignore it (whereas if it had been in the VP, I would not have noticed it).

The problem with "just not reading it" is that it then stays in 'whats new' all day.

The problem is not one which keeps me awake but for me "ignore topic' would be a more useful feature than 'ignore people', which I have never used.

5 minutes ago, frahkn said:

I have some areas not selected, for example 'the virtual pub' but I don't think you can do that for a particular thread (which I think the OP meant). When the recent 'humour' thread appeared I could not ignore it (whereas if it had been in the VP, I would not have noticed it).

The problem with "just not reading it" is that it then stays in 'whats new' all day.

The problem is not one which keeps me awake but for me "ignore topic' would be a more useful feature than 'ignore people', which I have never used.

I think there must be different ways of setting up the forum. I remember following the instructions kindly given for us dinosaurs when the " Platform "? changed. When I log on there is a thing near top right that simply says view new content. i click on that every time and it brings a list up. The ones ive not read are highlighted and I can click on or leave as I wish. Its so simple its unbelievable. If I click on one and dont want to continue with it I never open it again or if it looks like a topic I am not at all interested in I simply never click on it.

3 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I think there must be different ways of setting up the forum. I remember following the instructions kindly given for us dinosaurs when the " Platform "? changed. When I log on there is a thing near top right that simply says view new content. i click on that every time and it brings a list up. The ones ive not read are highlighted and I can click on or leave as I wish. Its so simple its unbelievable. If I click on one and dont want to continue with it I never open it again or if it looks like a topic I am not at all interested in I simply never click on it.

Ah but there are some of us who have issues with leaving some issues still highlighted.  I know it's weird (and not really a problem) but it's true.

• Horror 1

2 minutes ago, frahkn said:

Ah but there are some of us who have issues with leaving some issues still highlighted.  I know it's weird (and not really a problem) but it's true.

Click the "Mark Site Read" button and it flags everything as read so it's not in bold anymore.

Edited by TheBiscuits
  • Greenie 1

1 minute ago, frahkn said:

Blimey........and I thought that I had problems ? 

2 hours ago, frahkn said:

I am with you on this, it is a niggle that it would be good to be able to avoid by not being able to see the offending thread.

4 hours ago, frahkn said:

I  read what I want,, then " mark site read" [bottom RHS

Edited by LadyG

5 hours ago, Stilllearning said:

Ignoring people on the forum is easy, but isthere a way to ignore topics that one finds annoying? I have looked around the site and can’t see any way of doing it, but might have missed a link.

+1, would be nice feature if possible to enable.