Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
alan_fincher

Bring Back Mike the Boilerman.

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, WotEver said:

Looks like Trento is trying to get his post count up... ;)

He's not going to manage that in the Virtual Pub, is he?

Edited by alan_fincher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

He's not going to manage that in the Virtual Pub, is he?

Do they not count in here?  I thought that was only for the first 10 posts or so.

 

Obviously not - I just checked!  I did wonder how some posters had such a high greenies to posts ratio, but that would explain it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Do they not count in here?  I thought that was only for the first 10 posts or so.

 

Obviously not - I just checked!  I did wonder how some posters had such a high greenies to posts ratio, but that would explain it.

So regardless of how long you've been a member no post you make in the VP counts. 

 

I wondered why there was a difference between post count and content count, could this be the reason ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

I wondered why there was a difference between post count and content count, could this be the reason ???

Now I'm confused again - your post and content counts are the same, and so are all the other people's I looked at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Now I'm confused again - your post and content counts are the same, and so are all the other people's I looked at.

If you go to the leaderboard and look at the top members there are 3 categories - most reputation - most content - most posts.

 

Alan Fincher for example has a content count of 35628 and a post count of 39631

 

Clear as mud?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

So regardless of how long you've been a member no post you make in the VP counts. 

 

I wondered why there was a difference between post count and content count, could this be the reason ???

 

9 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Now I'm confused again - your post and content counts are the same, and so are all the other people's I looked at.

 

I think they are both the same thing, aren't they?

Certainly for many years posts in the Virtual Pub, (by anybody) don't increase your post count.

I can't remember the rationale for this, but I seem to recall it was all a bit spurious.

I wonder what happens if you post in a thread that's not in the VP, and then the mods move it to the VP.  My guess is, (but I don't know!) that your post count will not get decreased as a result.  I suspect a post either gets counted, or doesn't when you first make it,but if that post is then moved the count remains unaltered.  (Or perhaps not!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But if I hover over Alan's name in the post above his post count is now the same as his content count. 

 

Yup - mud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Alan Fincher for example has a content count of 35628 and a post count of 39631

That makes even less sense - if other things (blogs, status updates, images etc) count as content that are not posts, shirley the post count must be less than the total content count.

 

6 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I think they are both the same thing, aren't they?

Not if you go via the leaderboard apparently.

 

3 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

But if I hover over Alan's name in the post above his post count is now the same as his content count. 

Yep, and that's what I looked at before.  No idea where Alan's spurious 4000 posts are from if they are not content or posts though!

 

I'll have some more of this nice Malbec and not worry about it. :cheers:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

But if I hover over Alan's name in the post above his post count is now the same as his content count. 

 

Yup - mud. 

???
I'd expect that, because it apperas to be just two different names for the same thing.
Whether it is called "content count" or "post count" it doesn't include posts made in the VP.  (Although that was a change, I think, so in the dim and distant past posts in the VP would have incrementedyour count, I believe).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

I'll have some more of this nice Malbec and not worry about it. :cheers:

Quite right. :cheers:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Alan Fincher for example has a content count of 35628 and a post count of 39631

 

Sorry - I missed this point up until now.

I'm not seeing this, but then I don't know exactly where, you are looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alan_fincher said:

Sorry - I missed this point up until now.

I'm not seeing this, but then I don't know exactly where, you are looking.

 

14 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

If you go to the leaderboard and look at the top members there are 3 categories - most reputation - most content - most posts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, alan_fincher said:

Sorry - I missed this point up until now.

I'm not seeing this, but then I don't know exactly where, you are looking.

If I go to the home page - popular contributors - show more - top members - scroll down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

If you go to the leaderboard and look at the top members there are 3 categories - most reputation - most content - most posts.

 

Alan Fincher for example has a content count of 35628 and a post count of 39631

 

Clear as mud?  

 


I can only assume what is on the leader board as "posts" includes VP posts, whreas when "post count" or "content count" is listed it doesn't.

I see that based on leader board both MJG and carlt have "posts" as even bigger numbers than I do.  I conclude that if you include VP posts they have probably overall posted more than I have.

I'm guessing my postings are more slewed away from the VP, as a lot of my time is spent avoiding it!

We would need one of the forum techies to confirm if the above assumptions are right or wrong, but they at least sound credible to me.

  • Greenie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Yes, it’s a pity he never posts anything interesting himself, just whinges about what others post.

I take it you can read English ?

??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

He's not going to manage that in the Virtual Pub, is he?

I didn’t know that. I do now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...and on Chrismas morning a new Moderator was born.

 

Mike came back,  the wise man made Mike's modetator dream come true, and they all lived happily ever after (well just for a while)

 

The end.

 

 

 

 

Come back a Easter for the story of the crucifixion of Mike the Moderator...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by billS
  • Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.