Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
alan_fincher

Bring Back Mike the Boilerman.

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Graham Davis said:

Is it successful?
It doesn't seem to be growing in membership by any great numbers, and just seems to be a outlet for lots of people who have previously been banned from here.

Just had a Look at T. boat :it would appear that Athy is full of SH1T and one member said he would like to poke some one Named Denial in the Eye with a Sharp Stick , I am with Smelly on this one and would rather Frequent this 'Grown up's Forum.

• Greenie 4

17 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

Just had a Look at T. boat :it would appear that Athy is full of SH1T 

Well, they've got that one totally wrong. Thanks for your concern, chaps, but liberal absorption of real ales keeps me regular.

Edited by Athy

55 minutes ago, rowland al said:

and Trento is an anagram of rotten. 😄

Try... Anal Drowl 

Merry Christmas 

🎁🎊🎉

17 minutes ago, Trento said:

Try... Anal Drowl 

Er, but there's no such word as "drowl", not in the Oxford dictionary anyway.

I can't see Rowland Al's name without thinking of the tenor saxophonist (ska fans will understand).

Roland Al.jpg

Edited by Athy

Are you sure Athy ??????

Drowl .. moisture that.ejects from your nose when laughing. (Urbandictionary)

Drowl. . A Human male Lord of Sith, as in Star Wars..

oh kids.!😜

Merry Christmas

2 minutes ago, Trento said:

Are you sure Athy ??????

oh kids.!😜

Merry Christmas

Athy is Lord of Sith ,according to T Boat?

Edited by cereal tiller

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Well, they've got that one totally wrong.

Not “they”, just one person. Someone else mentioned that you were the best mod on CWDF but of course CT decided not to quote that since it doesn’t support his agenda.

Edited by nicknorman
  • Greenie 3

3 hours ago, Athy said:

You are correct. How fortunate, then, that we have no such moddies on here, at the moment.

You seem to have missed a few of last nights posts from a mod that seem to have mysteriously vanished this morning, making a few of everyone else's posts look a bit silly 

3 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Not “they”, just one person. Someone else mentioned that you were the best mod on CWDF but of course CT decided not to quote that since it doesn’t support his agenda.

Thank you - I meant "They" in the indeterminate sense (which can sometimes be singular) as, not being a T-Boater, I hadn't read the post or thread in question!

Edited by Athy

4 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Was not aware that i had an 'Agenda' sounds too much like Planning to me..

• Greenie 2

18 minutes ago, Trento said:

Are you sure Athy ??????

oh kids.!😜

Merry Christmas

Yes - I did specify the Oxford Dic.

The Urban Dictionary must know someone who actually does that. 's not within my experience, I'm afraid.

Edited by Athy

12 minutes ago, rasputin said:

You seem to have missed a few of last nights posts from a mod that seem to have mysteriously vanished this morning, making a few of everyone else's posts look a bit silly 

The accusation was that mad mods changed posts at will. Have you evidence that they were or that they did?

18 minutes ago, Athy said:

The accusation was that mad mods changed posts at will. Have you evidence that they were or that they did?

You seem to be missing the part where the evidence all got erased by a mod. We all watched it as it happened. Unless someone took screen shots or unless the other mods have a way to undo an action to see what was there before the editing process occurred then no - that's the point - there is no evidence, it got edited away. 

I don't know how to put this any more clearly.

P.S. I am making no reference to mad in any way. 

Edited by Tumshie

Athy, those of us who were following last night and came back this morning could not help but notice posts that had disappeared but what is more disturbing is that several posts made by LadyG had been heavily edited and near as damn it removed all together.

One such post read thus

I have administrative privileges 

That means I can get rid of anybody 

I can edit anything 

I can hide any post

I can lock any thread

The post was edited to remove all but the first line 

Phil

20 minutes ago, Phil Ambrose said:

Athy, those of us who were following last night and came back this morning could not help but notice posts that had disappeared but what is more disturbing is that several posts made by LadyG had been heavily edited and near as damn it removed all together.

One such post read thus

I have administrative privileges 

That means I can get rid of anybody 

I can edit anything 

I can hide any post

I can lock any thread

The post was edited to remove all but the first line 

Phil

The LadyG posts were still there around 5am as I read them and thought she must have had a heavy night but by 8:30 when I looked at the thread again most of LadyG's posts and any that referenced them had been heavily edited showing Edited by LadyG, I'm not sure how many posts had been fully removed rather than just edited. 

If we modify our own posts it shows a message (example) 'edited 9 minutes ago by Alan De Enfield'

If a Mod modifies a post there is no message, it is all done secretly.

In the 'old days' when a Mod amended or hid a post they were courteous enough to make a note of by whom, why & when the post was altered.

That seems to have gone 'out of the window' and we are now just left with nonsense posts alluding to something that no longer exists.

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Unimpressed 1

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

If we modify our own posts it shows a message (example) 'edited 9 minutes ago by Alan De Enfield'

If a Mod modifies a post there is no message, it is all done secretly.

In the 'old days' when a Mod amended or hid a post they were courteous enough to make a note of by whom, why & when the post was altered.

That seems to have gone 'out of the window' and we are now just left with nonsense posts alluding to something that no longer exists.

One thing I’ve recentky noticed is that if I look at the forum on my iPad, I don’t see any hint that a post has been edited by a mod. But if look at it on my laptop with Internet Explorer, I do.

3 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

No, it just proves there's a place for both

Yes, I agree.

One for people who feel the need to use a report button to deal with people they don’t agree with, and one for those who can reason through healthy debate. 😉 

2 hours ago, Athy said:

Er, but there's no such word as "drowl", not in the Oxford dictionary anyway.

I can't see Rowland Al's name without thinking of the tenor saxophonist (ska fans will understand).

Roland Al.jpg

He he, good save Athy. I’m quite surprised nobody worked it out before though. 🙂

27 minutes ago, rowland al said:

Yes, I agree.

One for people who feel the need to use a report button to deal with people they don’t agree with, and one for those who can reason through healthy debate. 😉 

He he, good save Athy. I’m quite surprised nobody worked it out before though. 🙂

Well I've only once, I think, used the report button and that was back in the dark ages for a blatantly racist comment.  I've never used it just because someone expressed a view I disagreed with - if I got upset being surrounded by unlike-minded people, my life as a left leaning inhabitant of Macclesfield would be unbearable. The level of debate, if you can call it that, on TB is pretty childish.  There are fewer entrenched positions on here, and minds have been known to have been changed on occasion.  Can't see that happening over there which is why I haven't bothered to join, much as I miss some of the people on it.

• Greenie 3

2 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Well I've only once, I think, used the report button and that was back in the dark ages for a blatantly racist comment.  I've never used it just because someone expressed a view I disagreed with - if I got upset being surrounded by unlike-minded people, my life as a left leaning inhabitant of Macclesfield would be unbearable. The level of debate, if you can call it that, on TB is pretty childish.  There are fewer entrenched positions on here, and minds have been known to have been changed on occasion.  Can't see that happening over there which is why I haven't bothered to join, much as I miss some of the people on it.

I too have never reported a post because someone has posted something I didnt like. I just cant be excited by this type of thread. Yes, I will read it 'cause it is interesting and occasionally funny. It's obvious to me why things go wrong and being a mod must be a nightmare job given the antics of some on here. Going back to the original reason for the thread, I find it very disappointing that one of the more knowledgeable and communicative (ie willing to share his knowledge in a positive way) members of the forum gets cheesed off with developments and is no longer around to assist those of us who need advice on canal boating stuff.

Dr Bob..

Please let us know what advice you need on "canal boating stuff".  I feel sure others on here will be able and pleased to help.

Merry Christmas

🎁🎊

Just now, WotEver said:

Looks like Trento is trying to get his post count up... ;)

Yes, it’s a pity he never posts anything interesting himself, just whinges about what others post.

• Greenie 2

30 minutes ago, Trento said:

Dr Bob..

Please let us know what advice you need on "canal boating stuff".  I feel sure others on here will be able and pleased to help.

Merry Christmas

🎁🎊

Dr Bob knows lots of stuff.Plastics ,paints  petrochemicals ETC .and is always pleasant ,I think that he meant that MtB was willing to impart Knowledge to all and sundry without too much Pomposity and Posturing.some Members are not so easy going. as above.Lol

Edited by cereal tiller
  • Greenie 3