Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
alan_fincher

Bring Back Mike the Boilerman.

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

well, you can hope I suppose..... 😞

Yes, optimism is (even though I sez it as shouldn't) a good quality, I think. In this case it is justified.

33 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

Its the CWDF Christmas Puzzle.

Some of my posts over the original spat were deleted, never got told why,

Mike, you raise a good point. When we hide a post (which we do far more often than actually deleting it) we are supposed to add a note giving our reason. Trouble is of course, the post is hidden, so the miscreant can't see the reason! But we generally send an explanatory message to the member too.

Just now, Athy said:

Yes, optimism is (even though I sez it as shouldn't) a good quality, I think. In this case it is justified.

Then we must agree to disagree, my friend, because I witnessed the editing and the deleting, and I saw the before and the after. 

2 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

Optimism is easier if you are prepared to accept the referee's decision.

If ones not prepared to accept the referee's decision....One should not be playing the game...

• Greenie 2

2 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Then we must agree to disagree, my friend, because I witnessed the editing and the deleting, and I saw the before and the after. 

And it effects you.  How ????

1 minute ago, Trento said:

And it effects you.  How ????

As members of this forum it effects all of us. 

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

As members of this forum it effects all of us. 

As perhaps an Elder member of this forum..   I understand life a little better.   So trivia is just that...

6 minutes ago, Trento said:

As perhaps an Elder member of this forum..   I understand life a little better.   So trivia is just that...

Probably; but as a newer member this is my first forum wobble and it's a little disconcerting.  

10 minutes ago, Trento said:

But forum wobbles brought on by a mod are not great for all members 

10 minutes ago, Trento said:

An Elder member but with only 172 posts to your name in 5 years, suggests that the forum isn't important to you.

Just now, frangar said:

But forum wobbles brought on by a mod are not great for all members 

For which they apologised, what followed thereafter, was/is human nature. You kick, I kick  They kick, We kick.

That my friend is life and in this case it matters little.

Lets all have a Very Mery Christmas and A less troublesome New Year.

🎉🎊🎁

Just now, Trento said:

For which they apologised, what followed thereafter, was/is human nature. You kick, I kick  They kick, We kick.

That my friend is life and in this case it matters little.

Lets all have a Very Mery Christmas and A less troublesome New Year.

🎉🎊🎁

Sadly humble pie doesn’t seem to be a dish that was on their table this Christmas 

The events of the previous 24 hours haven't gone unnoticed by the rest of the site team. I can only ask that you give us some time to try and all get together to discuss a way forward. At this time of the year as you can appreciate it's not that straight forward.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Liam.

1 minute ago, frangar said:

Sadly humble pie doesn’t seem to be a dish that was on their table this Christmas 

If they find it unpalatable why should they eat....

In the great scheme of things our little forum matters very little, we are all here to learn and enjoy, to communicate and onpass knowledge.  If infighting is your thing, take up politics..

Merry Christmas 🎁🎊🎉

3 minutes ago, Liam said:

The events of the previous 24 hours haven't gone unnoticed by the rest of the site team. I can only ask that you give us some time to try and all get together to discuss a way forward. At this time of the year as you can appreciate it's not that straight forward.

Liam.

Thank you

• Greenie 3

4 minutes ago, Liam said:

Liam.

Thank you. Let’s hope it’s a sensible outcome for the future of the forum. 

• Greenie 1

46 minutes ago, Athy said:

Mike, you raise a good point. When we hide a post (which we do far more often than actually deleting it) we are supposed to add a note giving our reason. Trouble is of course, the post is hidden, so the miscreant can't see the reason! But we generally send an explanatory message to the member too.

It’s rare that I’ve had a post hidden although it has happened occasionally. I have NEVER received an explanatory pm when it’s happened. 

3 minutes ago, WotEver said:

It’s rare that I’ve had a post hidden although it has happened occasionally. I have NEVER received an explanatory pm when it’s happened. 

As you name title says........     "WotEver" 🤣

MErry Christmas 🎊🎉🎁

20 minutes ago, Liam said:

Liam.

Thank you, Liam. let common sense prevail.

have a happy Christmas everyone 

haggis

Edited by haggis
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Graham Davis said:

Is it successful?
It doesn't seem to be growing in membership by any great numbers, and just seems to be a outlet for lots of people who have previously been banned from here.

I've never been banned from anywhere !I'd say the same about many of the Thunderboat members.

• Greenie 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, rowland al said:

I think the success of the Thunderboat forum proves you are wrong. 

No, it just proves there's a place for both, as I've said before. As an occasional visitor to TB, mostly to follow Tony's stuff, it seems to me that most of the postings are done by a handful of people. Nothing wrong with that, but there's more variety of views on here and the odd blip doesn't alter that. 

• Greenie 2

47 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I have, can't remember who by, but I did get a PM about it from the mod concerned. So maybe that's another variable that should be fixed. Though I suppose sometimes it'd be so obvious they might not bother...