Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
alan_fincher

Bring Back Mike the Boilerman.

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, Trento said:

If you don't like the way Mods moderate the site, Apply to the owner to become a Mod, but DONT continue to heap criticism on criticism just because you can..

Sorry to be so prescriptive, but this bull shit has to stop....

In essence,, if you think you can do,better...Apply and try it....

Several people have volunteered and were not even given the courtesy of a reply to say no thanks.

That speaks volumes.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ianali said:

 Mad mods change and delete at will. 

You are correct. How fortunate, then, that we have no such moddies on here, at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Trento said:

"The point is that it’s difficult to have a balanced discussion when posts are getting deleted or edited when it doesn’t suit the view of a moderator.  It sucks the fun out of it. "

 

All this mess started with an error, for which several apologies have been made.....FACT.

Mods are volunteers, who have a wish to help the owner regulate his site..............FACT

Mods are people and like ALL people take exception to repeated personal and multiple criticism...FACT

People subject to repeated personal and multiple criticism will react....FACT

If you don't like the way Mods moderate the site, Apply to the owner to become a Mod, but DONT continue to heap criticism on criticism just because you can..

Sorry to be so prescriptive, but this bull shit has to stop....

In essence,, if you think you can do,better...Apply and try it....

👍

 

 

- or start another forum or join a different forum. 

 

Some of ua are just trying to save this one, I’m suggesting we try no moderation intervention for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

If the owner did all the moderation him/herself at least at first then that would probably set a readable standard??

That suggests you don't realise how much time moderation takes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And, of course, there won't be any 'meetings' between mods and 'preferential members' drawing lots to see who needs banning next.

You are quite correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WotEver said:

Difficult. Human nature being what it is an’ all.

 

Due to me calling this poster out I got banned from the group by the owner

 

I got a lifetime ban from Just Canals for something I said on this forum. 

Ironically I have never had a single warning on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Graham Davis said:

That suggests you don't realise how much time moderation takes.

Maybe if some people took a bit more time reading a thread before storming in with baiting posts, there wouldn’t be much need for moderation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

That suggests you don't realise how much time moderation takes.

Yes I am sure it takes just about for ever. Problem is all mods are different but I suppose thats life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, DaveandDebby said:

. We have Athy who doesn't get offended or upset by anything, and doesn't bother if people are possibly breaking the rules.

 

Not sure if that's a compliment or not! The first part of your comment is, I hope, fairly accurate.

As for the second part, may I quote Mr. Charlie Rich? "No one knows what goes on behind closed doors".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, carlt said:

 

I got a lifetime ban from Just Canals for something I said on this forum. 

Ironically I have never had a single warning on here. 

Here's one for you 'Don't step off a moving Bus!'

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Athy said:
1 hour ago, ianali said:

 Mad mods change and delete at will. 

You are correct. How fortunate, then, that we have no such moddies on here, at the moment.

I have no words. 😞

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Athy said:

You are correct. How fortunate, then, that we have no such moddies on here, at the moment.

Your sense of humour is one of your greatest assets!

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Merry Christmas each and all 🎉🎊👍

Edited by Trento
Incorrect references

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've jumped on from page 6 where I managed to get up to,  and have gone from around the mid 260's posts from last night. 

 

It all gets rather messy, lots of other posts got caught up in the cross fire and the majority are now hidden from view making it completely illegible to follow properly.

 

The moderation was carried out by somebody else so it wouldn't be my place to change it at the moment without speaking to the rest of the team - something I will be doing today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rowland al said:

I think the success of the Thunderboat forum proves you are wrong. 

Is it successful?
It doesn't seem to be growing in membership by any great numbers, and just seems to be a outlet for lots of people who have previously been banned from here.
 

  • Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Your sense of humour is one of your greatest assets!

Don't you go calling me an asset.

Oh sorry, you said "asset".

My apparently light-hearted response had a serious aspect. Moddies may change or delete posts, but not at will. I have edited one today because it had a Rude Word in it - that wasn't "at will", it was done for the purpose of making the otherwise blameless post acceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

Is it successful?
It doesn't seem to be growing in membership by any great numbers, and just seems to be a outlet for lots of people who have previously been banned from here.
 

Are you a member? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Athy said:

Don't you go calling me an asset.

Oh sorry, you said "asset".

My apparently light-hearted response had a serious aspect. Moddies may change or delete posts, but not at will. I have edited one today because it had a Rude Word in it - that wasn't "at will", it was done for the purpose of making the otherwise blameless post acceptable.

I think in this instance you can only say that you are not editing and deleting at will because your statement does not apply to all the site moderators at this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

I think in this instance you can only say that you are not editing and deleting at will because your statement does not apply to all the site moderators at this time. 

That's a fair comment, though I hope that my remark applies equally to my colleagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

Yes, and many have tried to guess who I am over there, but have so far failed.

I'm intrigued, I'm a member over there, but I use the same name as on here.  Why do you feel it necessary to have multiple identity,

Are you a Spy😂?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Athy said:

That's a fair comment, though I hope that my remark applies equally to my colleagues.

well, you can hope I suppose..... 😞

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Certain strings of letters form words used by people of limited vocabulary and poor anger management Nick. When I attend the pub I dont stand and mix with people who F and blind as they sound pathetic and moronic,  the same applies to forums for me.

I'm afraid Nick is exaggerating somewhat. In the first few weeks yes that was the case but that only came from people who signed up just to vent 

Today there is the occasional mild expletive and that's it. Our strong lady membership wouldn't tolerate norty words. We do successfully self moderate, we are after all just like any other group of people 

Phil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Phil Ambrose said:

I'm afraid Nick is exaggerating somewhat. In the first few weeks yes that was the case but that only came from people who signed up just to vent 

Today there is the occasional mild expletive and that's it. Our strong lady membership wouldn't tolerate norty words. We do successfully self moderate, we are after all just like any other group of people 

Phil

Oi! in what way am I exaggerating, you #”-%#£**

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.