Getting ready for my maiden voyage,just need a bit of advice before I get myself in trouble ?

Antony

Featured Posts

You say you have a Labrador LadyG ❤️ I always wanted one when I was a kid but my dad said I couldn’t because they bring nothing but bad luck ? I said “How can a Labrador bring you bad luck dad”?? He said “cause they do,haven’t you seen how many of their owners actually end up going blind you clown” ????? only joking 

Here is my little girl Daisy,spoilt to death she is xx

21B63AC8-79DE-4C1D-A3A9-4950DC773269.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cereal tiller said:

Is 'Guddling' the method of catching Fish also known as ''Tickling'?

Obviously:  you slip your hand under a flat stone, taking in to account that the trout is sleep in the heat of the day. You feel something nice and sensuous, you tickle the tummy, then throw your victim on the bank.

You don't guddle where there are water rats.

8 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Obviously:  you slip your hand under a flat stone, taking in to account that the trout is sleep in the heat of the day. You feel something nice and sensuous, you tickle the tummy, then throw your victim on the bank.

Did not Know that Rats are Ticklish ,thanks

• Happy 1

8 minutes ago, LadyG said:

? Having to so resist the temptation to twist this......

• Haha 1

Pictures of dogs? How to catch trout? It's all gone a bit off-topic, as often happens; I'm sometimes guilty of that myself.

The OP's question has mostly been answered, but as he mentions Farndon Marina, it may be worth mentioning that if he intends to use the boat on the Trent, that's CRT waters right down to Gainsborough. This link may be useful:

https://www.waterways.org.uk/waterways/canals_rivers/river_trent/river_trent

Re the 30 x 1 day licence, how does anyone know which day you have used them on? Are you supposed to write a date on before you launch, or just do it quick when you see the man on the towpath? 

Just now, Jim Riley said:

Re the 30 x 1 day licence, how does anyone know which day you have used them on? Are you supposed to write a date on before you launch, or just do it quick when you see the man on the towpath? 

Yes.

It's an honesty system, but a spotter will check to see if the ticket is displayed if they see your boat.

A massive thank you to everyone for your help especially Biscuits and Alan De Enfield ? I now have one years insurance starting on January 1st,your help was greatly appreciated,thank you 

• Greenie 1