Graceless and contemptuous modding

MtB

Featured Posts

18 minutes ago, billS said:

You  the first person I have ever heard admit to being a native of Lochgelly.

I refuse that allegation!!!!!!

Lochgelly is the brand name of the tawse. Still available from £100 to £200.

For those not born in the Land of the Haggis.

Lochgelly is a former mining village.

In 1962 I was a farm student just two miles from Lochgelly,  at Pittendreich. Lochgelly was a bit, "rough" 

56 minutes ago, LadyG said:

You could have made that a career option, people pay mega bucks for that.

Funnily enuff I was chatting to my bro yesterday and it turned out our primary school headmaster must have been a serial belter. We were both well behaved kiddies  but both  got the belt [Lochgelly]. Kids have it easy today!

Strange are the ways of the edit.

Edited by LadyG

I have just realised why I couldn't PM Mike this morning, he has me on ignore which is a pity because not only did he not see my words of support but he also failed to see my comment endorsed by another 2 T Boaters,  Dyertribe and Peterboat however he also failed to see the "laugh" by Senor Chris who apparently found Mike's story as a source of amusement.

Phil

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

Que?

I have always counted you as a fellow member of the technologically challenged fraternity, no slight intended.

Your mastery of the human element of the forum is not in question and I think that is much more relevant to moderation (in moderation).

12 minutes ago, billS said:

I have always counted you as a fellow member of the technologically challenged fraternity, no slight intended.

Ah, I see what you mean.

But surely all Scotsmen are engineers, during their spells of sobriety?

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Before I was elevated to the Heights of Mod I was able to dismiss silly boys of all genders and ages, but as a mod I have had to revert my Civil Service training in the diplomatic service.

So does the G stand for Gunboat?

Lord Palmerston would approve. :D

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, LadyG said:

Morning forum members,

custom and practice dictates that pm s twixt a moderator and a forum member remain private, however in this instance I am going to  publish the pm I sent  MtB late last night.

"I was trying to look at your warning points, to adjust them [don't ask me why] but I seem to have increased them!

A mod sees the site different from you, so maybe you have zeroed out.

If not I will ask the site administrator to sort it

sorry about that!

jo"

UNQUOTE

I had been looking at the warnings on Mike's profile,, but not in order to apply warnings, either advisory [friendly and informal], or formal warning points [the three strikes and your out type] 

I think my "looking" triggered the first warning complained of, and my attempt ro delete it triggered the second. I am really not sure if those are the "two warnings" MtB complains of, I thought I had explained in my pm.

MB Lola has been on this morning and confirms that MTB has no restrictions applied so if anyone can't pm  him, it may be for another reason.

PS, MtB is a great guy, and I hope he will forgive and forget. I can't do any more.

To be clear as possible I have never intentionally given him any sort of warning.  He does not have any forum restrictions applied.

That's fair enough, good for you.  If that had happened to me I'd be happy with that explanation.

• Greenie 1

Keep MTB Banned.

Nowt but a pest.

Perhaps!  ;)

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, NB Lola said:

Hi

i originally locked the topic so am happy to unlock so long as it remains on topic.

done

One has to be mildly amused, considering Mr Lola went on to post pics of his motorbike (I use the term loosely!) on this thread. But then I do have a sense of humour!

Edited by nicknorman
  • Haha 1

Up to post 30 or so this thread was on topic, then it went off (admittedly from 40ish to date it has been interesting but still off topic).

I don't know if this has been merely a misunderstanding followed by a genuine attempt to put that right or an attempt to return to the ways of last year. Until MtB returns I don't expect to have an opportunity to find out.

Either way, IMHO this was not the best thread to take off topic - even in an interesting way.

Just saying.

Frank.