Graceless and contemptuous modding

MtB

Featured Posts

I thought I had mike, let me check, should be easy.  Not so, cannot find the linked report.  You have no restrictions applied and I will happily remove any points awarded if i have not explained why.  In the meantime, I will lock this thread to avoid the usual diatribe 

Morning forum members,

custom and practice dictates that pm s twixt a moderator and a forum member remain private, however in this instance I am going to  publish the pm I sent  MtB late last night.

"I was trying to look at your warning points, to adjust them [don't ask me why] but I seem to have increased them!

A mod sees the site different from you, so maybe you have zeroed out.

If not I will ask the site administrator to sort it

sorry about that!

jo"

UNQUOTE

I had been looking at the warnings on Mike's profile,, but not in order to apply warnings, either advisory [friendly and informal], or formal warning points [the three strikes and your out type] 

I think my "looking" triggered the first warning complained of, and my attempt ro delete it triggered the second. I am really not sure if those are the "two warnings" MtB complains of, I thought I had explained in my pm.

MB Lola has been on this morning and confirms that MTB has no restrictions applied so if anyone can't pm  him, it may be for another reason.

PS, MtB is a great guy, and I hope he will forgive and forget. I can't do any more.

To be clear as possible I have never intentionally given him any sort of warning.  He does not have any forum restrictions applied.

Edited by LadyG

2 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

If a message box is full and not able to receive PMs will a PM from a mod still get through or will this also get bounced?

Mike’s Box isn’t full. He received a PM from me earlier this morning. 

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

Morning forum members,

custom and practice dictates that pm s twixt a moderator and a forum member remain private, however in this instance I am going to  publish the pm I sent  MtB late last night.

"I was trying to look at your warning points, to adjust them [don't ask me why] but I seem to have increased them!

A mod sees the site different from you, so maybe you have zeroed out.

If not I will ask the site administrator to sort it

sorry about that!

jo"

UNQUOTE

I had been looking at the warnings on Mike's profile,, but not in order to apply warnings, either advisory [friendly and informal], or formal warning points [the three strikes and your out type] 

I think my "looking" triggered the first warning complained of, and my attempt ro delete it triggered the second. I am really not sure if those are the "two warnings" MtB complains of, I thought I had explained in my pm.

MB Lola has been on this morning and confirms that MTB has no restrictions applied so if anyone can't pm  him, it may be for another reason.

PS, MtB is a great guy, and I hope he will forgive and forget. I can't do any more.

To be clear as possible I have never intentionally given him any sort of warning.  He does not have any forum restrictions applied.

Is this an apology?

5 minutes ago, Old Son said:

Is this an apology?

It's an  open letter to forum members, who asked for an explanation.

I think I made it clear that I did not intend to give him a warning, and I apologised in my pm to him if my use of the forum buttons had done something unintended. 

Usually one can go and look at something and just come back out, but apparently not in this instance. 

55 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Please can you re-open the HS2 Crossings thread as well please - just delete the last page of wittering garbage from 2 insomniacs as the rest of the thread was very interesting and useful....and ongoing.

Under review.

I pressed the "Report" button, with an explanation ie it is copied to the mods room. 

What has happened here lately? Seems to be more chat about mods/moderation/personal insults flying about than there is about boating. Maybe the winter making people cranky.Relax, dont stress, enjoy the day. MTB will be back when he calms down.

• Greenie 3

1 hour ago, bizzard said:

A school teacher called Mr Jackson once said to me. '' I shall cane you out in the corridor Bizzard, I don't want to make a public exhibition of it''. He didn't close the door and everyone heard the whops!. Yaroo!!!

You could have made that a career option, people pay mega bucks for that.

Funnily enuff I was chatting to my bro yesterday and it turned out our primary school headmaster must have been a serial belter. We were both well behaved kiddies  but both  got the belt [Lochgelly]. Kids have it easy today!

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

You could have made that a career option, people pay mega bucks for that.

Funnily enuff I was chatting to my bro yesterday and it turned out our primary school headmaster must have been a serial belter. We were both well behaved kiddies  but both  got the belt [Lochgelly]. Kids have it easy today!

You are the first person I have ever heard admit to being a native of Lochgelly.

Edited by billS