DC lighting bulbs

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, Rose Narrowboats said:

Another vote for Bedazzled: so far I haven't found any others that are as efficient in terms of Lumens per Watt.

I can't recall hearing that claim before.

I have heard.....
1) Cheaper brands fail more

2) They are better protected against spikes and surges

3) Cheaper brands are more likely to interfere with radio

I've never tried using real cheapies - nearly all ours on 3 different boats have come from UltraLEDs.

These appear visually identical to the Bedazzed offering, but at well under half the price.  I've not however proved that the current drawn is the same, but currents are so minimal as to be fairly insignificant - I found that turning on every one of about 15 LED lights on Flamingo still well under 3 amps, (so didn't meet my criteria of trying to stop my charger switching into float!)

It would take a lot to make me spend more than twice as much on Bedazzled units, (unless they have dramatically cut prices since I last looked).

21 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Same style fitting from Bedazzled for comparison: https://bedazzledledlighting.co.uk/product/es-24-led-golfballcover/