Mastervolt combo misbehaving

calon

Featured Posts

hi folks

Our mastervolt 2500/100 combi started sparking the geny was on charger was doing it's thing then I suddenly here a loud click, click,click investigated and there's sparks clearly coming from inside the combi below the switch on the front of the unit so I pulled the power.

i left it a while turned it off and plugged the power back in was very surprised that it seemed to work inverter came on when I pressed it on the remote so i tried the charger and it came to life but as the amps rose it started sparking again and kept reseting , so as the charger and inverter do work but theres sparks and it keeps resetting itself I'm guessing there's a relay/switch thats arcing in there ? anyone any ideas is there anything else I can check or do and can anyone recomend anyone who repairs these units ( I'm in Staffordshire )

thanks guys 

Hi,

Thanks for the recommendation markinaboat, and good idea boater Sam but there all tight and the sparking is in the other end of the unit inside the case , I've found a place in Tamworth called sellweb that say they repair mastervolt units so I'm going to drive it there in the morning , hoping they can get it sorted before they break up for Xmas not having a battery chargers a bit inconvenient I like the sound of my engine when I'm travelling but it's not so good when your trying to hear the TV ?.

12 minutes ago, calon said:

Hi,

Thanks for the recommendation markinaboat, and good idea boater Sam but there all tight and the sparking is in the other end of the unit inside the case , I've found a place in Tamworth called sellweb that say they repair mastervolt units so I'm going to drive it there in the morning , hoping they can get it sorted before they break up for Xmas not having a battery chargers a bit inconvenient I like the sound of my engine when I'm travelling but it's not so good when your trying to hear the TV ?.

Great, let us know how you get on.

They've had a look at it diagnosed the fault (power section and associated circuitry) and are going to repair the unit for what seems like very a reasonable price. Should be fixed within 10 working days and repairs come with a 12month garantee sadly Xmas means I'l be waiting a while I guess ? .

although most of there works industrial stuff there happy to repair all sorts of leisure chargers inverters and associated electrical gubbins and there not a million miles from the canal so might be a useful place for folks needing repairs it's called sellweb ltd Tamworth.

3 hours ago, calon said:

They've had a look at it diagnosed the fault (power section and associated circuitry) and are going to repair the unit for what seems like very a reasonable price. Should be fixed within 10 working days and repairs come with a 12month garantee sadly Xmas means I'l be waiting a while I guess ? .

although most of there works industrial stuff there happy to repair all sorts of leisure chargers inverters and associated electrical gubbins and there not a million miles from the canal so might be a useful place for folks needing repairs it's called sellweb ltd Tamworth.

Excellent news!

6 hours ago, calon said:

Will try and send you a PM

Frank