How to tell when they’ve used a model for the photo shoot

WotEver

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, Jess-- said:

I think anyone who's spent any large amount of time soldering has caught a falling iron by the hot bit at least once.

you learn a lot of new words when it happens.

as a youth I spent a lot of time repairing tv's and monitors, my iron of choice was always Antex which I always modified by removing the earth from the tip after my first experience of a cracked ht lead allowing 26kv to find the easy route to earth through the iron

And the earth on the anglepoise lamp

14 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

And the earth on the anglepoise lamp

preferably nothing earthed within reach of the workbench.

only time I got hit with HT was from a 28" sony trinitron (the tubes with the extra HT lead halfway down the neck)

symptoms were a shrunk picture and washed out colours which on these sets pointed to a low 115v rail (every other voltage was derived from the 115v so a small change here could make massive changes further down the line)

I reached into the power supply with my plastic trimtool and adjusted the voltage preset until the picture was back to being perfect in the mirror

then (from my perspective) as I removed my trimtool there was a tiny "clink" sound, A mule kicked me in the chest and I found myself looking at the ceiling on the opposite side of the workshop.

in reality the voltage adjustment had fallen apart raising the 115v rail to around 200v, which in turn raised the HT lines from 26kv to nearer 50kv which the insulation couldn't take and it arced to the chassis via my right hand.