How to tell when they’ve used a model for the photo shoot

WotEver

Featured Posts

I once walked in a house to read a gas meter and a lovely lady said 'I've not been down the steps for years.'

Cob webs n all my top pocket torch.

Stick with me here please!

Anyway I went down well scared I found the gas meter but what sticks with me was all the wood turning stuff left.

I went back up stairs with her holding another torch.

She made me a cup of tea and told me the cellar was left that way from the war.

She then told me she use to deliver and fly new Spitfires to RAF Bases.

Walked out with nothing but respect.

What a lady

1 hour ago, reg said:

Does the fact that I once did the same thing with a hot soldering iron mean the laughing emojis are aimed at me? 

Anyone else? 

When I worked as an electronics test engineer somebody came and engaged me in a long conversation whilst I had been doing some soldering.

I assumed a relaxed position with the soldering iron in my hand, held handle downwards and tip vertically as the conversation drew on.

I had quite forgotten what I was holding when I felt something slipping out of my relaxing hand.  Instinctively I grabbed tight, at which point the handle had just passed through my grip, and I had hold of much the same part as the lady above.

Because it was coated in layers of  burnt on flux, it remained stuck to my palm even though I released my grasp very quickly indeed.

These days I treat them with considerably more respect!

17 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

When I worked as an electronics test engineer somebody came and engaged me in a long conversation whilst I had been doing some soldering.

I assumed a relaxed position with the soldering iron in my hand, held handle downwards and tip vertically as the conversation drew on.

I had quite forgotten what I was holding when I felt something slipping out of my relaxing hand.  Instinctively I grabbed tight, at which point the handle had just passed through my grip, and I had hold of much the same part as the lady above.

Because it was coated in layers of  burnt on flux, it remained stuck to my palm even though I released my grasp very quickly indeed.

These days I treat them with considerably more respect!

I think anyone who's spent any large amount of time soldering has caught a falling iron by the hot bit at least once.

you learn a lot of new words when it happens.

as a youth I spent a lot of time repairing tv's and monitors, my iron of choice was always Antex which I always modified by removing the earth from the tip after my first experience of a cracked ht lead allowing 26kv to find the easy route to earth through the iron