Debdale Wharf Molten Zinc Hull Spraying

jddevel

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Mike Adams said:

Here is a picture of my hull after zinc spraying. At Debdale it is all insimage.jpeg.f8ca292f499ab537af675af7b5a3aace.jpegide and in controlled conditions so weather independant. Much better quality control.

Overplated and with quite a bit of pitting on the overplating. It almost looks like the plating stops just above the bottom guard iron but I suspect that's an optical delusion.

..............Dave

17 minutes ago, dmr said:

Overplated and with quite a bit of pitting on the overplating. It almost looks like the plating stops just above the bottom guard iron but I suspect that's an optical delusion.

..............Dave

I think you are right, but if I had pitting at the waterline I would just weld in a band where it needed it as well

On 16/12/2018 at 10:37, Mike the Boilerman said:

I suspect the answer is that coating steel in zinc, known as galvanising, is a recognised and very standard method of surface protection for steel. Farm gates, fencing wire, steel components in the building industry are routinely galvanised for rust protection because it works. Why not do it to a boat too? 

My Colecraft was galvanised when I bought her  about 8 years ago, she had spent the first 20 years of her life sitting on the hard, only launched 2 months before I bought her. .  No Rust

Phil

• Greenie 1

• 10 months later...
6 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Is there an email address for Debdale wharf so as you can ask for a quote. Have tried their online form twice but no reply

If you phone Steve Dennison on 0116 2793034 he will sort you a quote I imagine.

I have Steve@debdalewharf.co.uk as an e-mail address for him.