Captcha I AM human (despite rumours)

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, Jess-- said:

I've never seen it....

But I use saved logins on forums (remember me etc) and for this one the first page I hit is https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/discover/unread/

As do I - I click on my favourites, click on CWF and (3 times recently) get the 'click the captcha' to proceed.

Must remember to take a screen shot next time.

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Why do I keep getting "prove you are a human" and tick the Captcha box before I can enter ?

This is the 3rd time on this forum in the last few weeks.

Infamy ?

"Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!"  Voted the funniest one-liner in film history.

2 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

"Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!"  Voted the funniest one-liner in film history.

And originally written by Muir and Norden for a Round the Horne sketch. Apparently several of the early Carry On plots were such reworked and extended sketches.

It would appear your IP address has a bad reputation for one reason or another which is unfortunately why our security systems are requesting for you to verify you're indeed human. - sorry

If you have a dynamic IP address, often you can change it simply by rebooting your router though if it's the whole IP address subnet that has the bad reputation then it may not make any difference. Please let me know if you continually get prompted to complete the verification process. 

1 hour ago, RichM said:

It would appear your IP address has a bad reputation for one reason or another which is unfortunately why our security systems are requesting for you to verify you're indeed human. - sorry

If you have a dynamic IP address, often you can change it simply by rebooting your router though if it's the whole IP address subnet that has the bad reputation then it may not make any difference. Please let me know if you continually get prompted to complete the verification process. 

Thanks for letting me know.

I normally 'hot-spot' off my mobile (Three)  which I understand generates a new IP address each time.

What causes a 'bad reputation' ?

11 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Thanks for letting me know.

I normally 'hot-spot' off my mobile (Three)  which I understand generates a new IP address each time.

What causes a 'bad reputation' ?

It’s the danger with dynamic IPs, someone has used the one you happen to have atm for spamming or sending malicious code, so it’s been flagged as risky.

• Sad 1

On 16/12/2018 at 10:43, Laurie.Booth said:

Written by Frank Muir and Denis Norden.

:)

Sorry but have to be a pedant here, it's too important to ignore! RtH was written by Barry Took and Marty Feldman. I believe that there were occasional contributions from others but Muir and Norden had nothing to do with it.

J Peasemold Gruntfuttock

10 minutes ago, rupertbear said:

but Muir and Norden had nothing to do with it.

May I ask why you say that?

That is a genuine question and I have no reason to doubt you, it's just that you are so adamant it made me curious. 

It couldn't be that they wrote the line but weren't credited?

14 hours ago, rupertbear said:

Sorry but have to be a pedant here, it's too important to ignore! RtH was written by Barry Took and Marty Feldman. I believe that there were occasional contributions from others but Muir and Norden had nothing to do with it.

J Peasemold Gruntfuttock

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25738224

"The pair were also responsible for some of the most memorable Carry On lines - including "Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me" - which was borrowed with their permission."

7 hours ago, Laurie.Booth said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25738224

"The pair were also responsible for some of the most memorable Carry On lines - including "Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me" - which was borrowed with their permission."

My mistake was attributing it to Round the Horne, when in fact it came from Take It from Here, a Jimmy Edwards radio show: https://www.carryon.org.uk/trivially_kennethwilliams.htm