Feeling like a dead duck

magictime

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Actually ISTR Mr Anderson being deeply upset and offended by the torrent of negative and plain nasty reviews received by Tull's album "Thick As A Brick" and announcing he was giving up music as everyone disliked his work so much. A great shame I though at the time as I really liked Thick As A Brick. I think he was lured back though...

Oh the early 70s were close to the edge of prog and indy rock self indulgence and self destruction. Concept albums, often doubles, all over the place. I liked thick as a brick but the follow up passion play was really dull. Thankfully punk was just around the corner........................ 

4 minutes ago, Felshampo said:

Oh the early 70s were close to the edge of prog and indy rock self indulgence and self destruction. Concept albums, often doubles, all over the place. I liked thick as a brick but the follow up passion play was really dull. Thankfully punk was just around the corner........................ 

I had that one. Definitely YES, that was.

13 minutes ago, Felshampo said:

Close to the Edge ,Yes ,I see what you did there..Lol

3 hours ago, WotEver said:

My mate lived next door to Terry Nelhams-Wright who I once met...

Just thought I’d jump in with the obscure “I once knew a bloke who went out with the sister of a guy who was the cousin of...”

Adam Faiff?

The Yes Album was the best by Yes in my personal opinion. All the later albums seemed like a parody of themselves. Just churning the same old stuff out to the same old formula to fund the lifestyle, it seemed to me. 

But mebbe I am being harsh Heart of the Sunrise was a wonderful track!

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

The Yes Album was the best by Yes in my personal opinion. All the later albums seemed like a parody of themselves. Just churning the same old stuff out to the same old formula to fund the lifestyle, it seemed to me. 

I only listened to two, Close to the edge, and a cassette of Tales from Topographic oceans.....which I didn't think was up to much. 

4 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I only listened to two, Close to the edge, and a cassette of Tales from Topographic oceans.....which I didn't think was up to much. 

Their first album titled simply "Yes" was a fine body of work, and nothing at all like the naval-gazing of those two albums!

10 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Tony Kaye on keyboards was a jazz musician then along came Rick Wakeman on fragile who was more into........ well other stuff

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

It sounds a but dated but comprised about 12 beautifully crafted proper songs. 

Or am I missing one of your clever witticisms there??! 

No, no.I was wondering whether I should ask Santa to download it down my chimney.

4 hours ago, Athy said:

But, lest we forget, Brian rarely sang lead vocals in The Beach Boys' halcyon days, and his current band includes original BB Al Jardine whose voice is in good nick and who sings most of the lead parts.

'Rarely' seems a bit of a stretch. He sings lead on an awful lot of my favourites, anyway - Don't Worry Baby, Warmth of the Sun, Please let me Wonder, She Knows Me Too Well, etc. from the early years, most of Pet Sounds (a pretty big deal in itself!), then Busy Doin' Nothin', I Went to Sleep, This Whole World, 'Til I Die etc... and lead or not, that falsetto is so much a part of their sound.

• Greenie 1