CO Warning. Be careful out there

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

21 minutes ago, kevinl said:

So I'm in my house right now and I left the CO monitor on the boat, no biggie except I came home to get a new boiler fitted and the way the steam from the outside exhaust blows in through the kitchen window is quite concerning, as I said in a house not on my boat (s).

K

If it is a fan blown flue, there should be no part of an opening into the building within 300mmm of any part of the flue, if not fan blown the distance is 600mm.

If it is an opening window, close it and fix it closed.

If it is a condensing boiler, then the flue discharge will be mostly condensate unless you are running the boiler harder out of condensing mode.

18 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

If it is a fan blown flue, there should be no part of an opening into the building within 300mmm of any part of the flue, if not fan blown the distance is 600mm.

If it is an opening window, close it and fix it closed.

If it is a condensing boiler, then the flue discharge will be mostly condensate unless you are running the boiler harder out of condensing mode.

It's all in spec (as above) and it is condenser type boiler so I now have my own cloud factory.

K

I understand that it is thought that the majority of condensing boilers are in practice  operated in non-condensing mode in order to get the radiators hot enough, especially where fitted as a replacement for a non-condensing boiler.  Before condensing boilers were introduced, central heating systems were usually designed for a circulating water temperature higher than the condensing temperature to optimise radiator dimensions, and a system designed at the outset for use with a condensing boiler would need significantly  larger radiators to compensate  for the lower water temperature.   

This is like the problem you would have when replacing a gas boiler with a heat pump: you would also have to fit much larger radiators to compensate for the significantly cooler circulating water temperature. 

• Greenie 2