CO Warning. Be careful out there

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

Just now, MJG said:

Go on then prove yourself right...

Nope - You did a bad thing - you bang an about being a liberated man who fights the good fight against social injustices like sexism and then you acted in a sexist manner in order to use me as a tool. I have no interest in you but I'm not one to hold a grudge - and I really don't care if you can't see that in this case you have acted hypocritically. 

And as I have Friends to chat with and I don't need to prove anything.................

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Nope - You did a bad thing - you bang an about being a liberated man who fights the good fight against social injustices like sexism and then you acted in a sexist manner in order to use me as a tool. I have no interest in you but I'm not one to hold a grudge - and I really don't care if you can't see that in this case you have acted hypocritically. 

And as I have Friends to chat with and I don't need to prove anything.................

Oh dear. 

I 'used you' in no way what so ever so cut back on the faux outrage please.

Just now, Tumshie said:

Whatever. 

Yes so you keep saying, which actually doesn't address the point does it?

Any comment made was not directed at you. I'm sure Mike can respond on his own.

Rusty arrives at the arena a bit late (as usual) to assist Mtb and the fair Tumshie (not that they  needs it,)

Alas, all that is left on the field is "the last word" left by MJG and corpses of various other "last words" he has left after previous conflicts. 

A discarded old Dale Carnegie paperback flutters in the wind................... 

Edited by rusty69
  • Greenie 1

51 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I learnt a lot on my Dale Carnegie courses. (still have the "Golden Book")

Become a Friendlier Person
1. Don’t criticize, condemn or complain.

2. Give honest, sincere appreciation.

3. Arouse in the other person an eager want.

4. Become genuinely interested in other people.

5. Smile.

6. Remember that a person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.

7. Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.

8. Talk in terms of the other person’s interests.

9. Make the other person feel important  - and do it sincerely.

Fundamental Principles for Overcoming Worry
1. Live in “day tight compartments.”

2. How to face trouble:  

a. Ask yourself, “What is the worst that can possibly happen?”  

b. Prepare to accept the worst.  

c. Try to improve on the worst.

3. Remind yourself of the exorbitant price you can pay for worry in terms of your health. 

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 3

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

Rusty arrives at the arena a bit late

You didn't miss much, mate. While the last word was very illuminating, being a glass is half full kind of Tumshe I get bored with childish spats very quickly and am easily distracted by more exciting happy conversations. Oooooh shiny........ :wub:

54 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

3. Arouse in the other person an eager want.

Some very sound principles - Though I try to avoid arousing eager wants in people, it tends to get me in a whole world or trouble. :D

• Greenie 2

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

You didn't miss much, mate. While the last word was very illuminating, being a glass is half full kind of Tumshe I get bored with childish spats very quickly and am easily distracted by more exciting happy conversations. Oooooh shiny........ :wub:

Some very sound principles - Though I try to avoid arousing eager wants in people, it tends to get me in a whole world or trouble. :D

Your'e on dangerous ground with those comments.Alan will be getting his stock photo out again!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, MJG said:

No worries.

Fitting a co alarm on a boat is a inevitibley a compromise but one can be found.

Maybe a good compromise would be to lets say fit five of them at different heights ?

24 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Maybe a good compromise would be to lets say fit five of them at different heights ?

Like you there are 2 New sealed ones ,2 older ones and one for the Generator Compartment .the Total number should be 6.

The ones in Sleeping ares are at Air intake Height ,that includes Sofa as it is often Slept on,best not to be a MUG?

Edited by cereal tiller
  • Greenie 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

Like you there are 2 New sealed ones ,2 older ones and one for the Generator Compartment .the Total number should be 6.

The ones in Sleeping ares are at Air intake Height ,that includes Sofa as it is often Slept on,best not to be a Mug?

Right, that has inspired me to get a few more.

Very poor advice suggesting five is overkill imo.

15 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

The ones in Sleeping ares are at Air intake Height ,that includes Sofa as it is often Slept on,best not to be a MUG?

Your time and money would be better invested in actually ensuring the alarms you are fitting are actually suitable for use on a boat rather than just randomly dotting them around the place. And no where have I read that anything like 5 or 6 is needed on a boat, including the advice from the BSS.

https://www.boatsafetyscheme.org/media/294453/boat-co-alarms-may-18.pdf

These alarms could be made much more pleasing to the eye, not just a box with a winking light. They could be molded in all sorts of shapes and colours which would make them more appealing. For example Hilda Ogdens living room in Coronation street had a flight of three flying ducks stuck, staggered diagonally on the wall, all the rage in the 1950's and 60's. The little winking light could be eyes and the warning sound could be a loud quacking, squarking, barking, mi-owing, croaking, singing ect depending on which wee beastie alarms you've chosen. :closedeyes:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bizzard said:

These alarms could be made much more pleasing to the eye, not just a box with a winking light. They could be molded in all sorts of shapes and colours which would make them more appealing. For example Hilda Ogdens living room in Coronation street had a flight of three flying ducks stuck, staggered diagonally on the wall, all the rage in the 1950's and 60's. The little winking light could be eyes and the warning sound could be a loud quacking, squarking, barking, mi-owing, croaking, singing ect depending on which wee beastie alarms you've chosen. :closedeyes:

Yes I sometimes think this too. I actually made my own Hilda Ogden flight of ducks back in the 80s as I couldn't buy thems nowhere back then. No ebay!

A bit like quartz clocks. Peeps put them in all manner of posh and fancy constructions which generally look nicer than the little black box with a battery in the back that IS the clock.

3 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Rusty arrives at the arena a bit late (as usual) to assist Mtb and the fair Tumshie (not that they  needs it,)

Alas, all that is left on the field is "the last word" left by MJG and corpses of various other "last words" he has left after previous conflicts. 

A good technique for dealing the MJG when he is in one of his squabbly moods is to turn it into a debate about who gets the last word, then let him have it.