Syncing texts on iphone to imac

MtB

Featured Posts

Ok not forum technical, but technical all the same.

Text messages on my iphone sync perfectly to my mac book in that all text convos (whether SMS or iMessages) conducted on my phone appear on the Mac book, and vice versa. 

However, my desktop iMac some message threads are missing, not all, and it looks as though the desktop iMac only gets the iMessage convos, not the SMS. My message settings appear identical on both machines but obviously somewhere something is different. Can anyone point me to where the difference might be please? Many thanks!

2 hours ago, Tumshie said:

Are you using your iMac less often and therefore it's not syncing all the messages just the ones sent and received while it's active. 

I think my MacBook does this sometimes. 

On Android I use an app called MY SMS which does the SMS syncing thing across devices (though not iMessages obvs).

If my PC hasn't been used for a while the messages on the browser version of MY SMS get out of sync. and I have to manually sync. them so yes I think it's a similar issue.

In Messages...

Top menu - Click Messages - Prefences

Click on the Account tab

In the "you can be reached for messages at" bit make sure there is a tick in the box along side your phone number as well as the email addresses.

Give that a try.   

BMP

10 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Ok not forum technical, but technical all the same.

Text messages on my iphone sync perfectly to my mac book in that all text convos (whether SMS or iMessages) conducted on my phone appear on the Mac book, and vice versa. 

However, my desktop iMac some message threads are missing, not all, and it looks as though the desktop iMac only gets the iMessage convos, not the SMS. My message settings appear identical on both machines but obviously somewhere something is different. Can anyone point me to where the difference might be please? Many thanks!

Check the settings on the phone.

“settings” - “messages”

tap “text message fowarding” to see the available devices, and switch on the ones you wish to foward to. If the iMac is not shown you could check that it is using the same Apple id as the other devices. Apparently having more than one Apple id is quite common. BMPs post is I think about macbook/imac settings.

Useful topic, as it has now resolved a similar  issue with my devices?

9 minutes ago, Eeyore said:

Check the settings on the phone.

“settings” - “messages”

tap “text message fowarding” to see the available devices, and switch on the ones you wish to foward to.

You are a GENIUS! 

The iMac was listed but turned OFF. I turned it on.

Mind you 20 seconds later it still not synced. Impatient aren't I? :giggles:

• Happy 1