Pre-purchase surveyors [Derbyshire]

3dumb

Featured Posts

Hi all!

Ive taken the plunge towards ownership and have a deposit paid (survey pending) on my first narrowboat [a beautiful 46ft Trad with a faultless Lister engine].

The boat is at Mercia (Derbyshire) and I'm trying to get the survey done as soon as is possible.

Ive called a few surveyors; Trevor Whitling & Craig Allen (no answer off either as of yet), and Ian Jones has got back to me but the wait is considerable.

Is there anyone else around the east Midlands/Derbyshire that anyone may recommend?

Thank You!

8 hours ago, Ex Brummie said:

Just had a survey done by Ricky Tropman, 07887 836754. He is East Midlands based, but travels. He is on the BSS list, and also GreatHaywood and Whilton Marinas websites.

Having read one of his surveys recently I don't think we will be using him in a hurry!

His survey on a similar boat to ours was almost a word for word copy of a survey that Bill Rosie did for us over ten years ago!

We use Ian Lumley.

Edited by Naughty Cal

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

Having read one of his surveys recently I don't think we will be using him in a hurry!

His survey on a similar boat to ours was almost a word for word copy of a survey that Bill Rosie did for us over ten years ago!

We use Ian Lumley.

That is because they are having to us their words very carefully because of the threat of being sued. Less is more

1 hour ago, Tonka said:

That is because they are having to us their words very carefully because of the threat of being sued. Less is more

No. Its because they are too lazy to rewrite anything.

What's the chances of him mistaking a plastic water tank for stainless steel twice?