Help me out please.

Greyladyx

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Remember, With great power comes b̶u̶r̶n̶t̶ ̶r̶i̶c̶e̶ great responsibility!

See post #68

Just now, LadyG said:

I am innocent.

I doubt that very much ;)

But of the crime for which you currently stand accused I concur. 

• Happy 1

17 minutes ago, LadyG said:

but am more of the moors and the dales, not those dark satanic mills.

Most of those mills that are still standing have been cleaned of their sooty stonework and converted into rather expensive apartments.

Titanic Mill by the HNC is a good example. It was probably this mill when it was black and sooty,that Blake described as "Dark Satanic" used in the hymn "Jerusalem" by Parry.

8 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

Most of those mills that are still standing have been cleaned of their sooty stonework and converted into rather expensive apartments.

Titanic Mill by the HNC is a good example. It was probably this mill when it was black and sooty,that Blake described as "Dark Satanic" used in the hymn "Jerusalem" by Parry.

Did Ozzy Osbourne live there?

Just now, cereal tiller said:

Did Ozzy Osbourne live there?

Ozzy was never a satanist as I understand it. That was something foist upon him by the fans, and being a good entertainer at heart he picked it up and ran with it thinking it was all a right larf... 

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

A recipe for boiling rice?!!

Next we'll be having recipes for toast, boiled eggs, water, hazel nuts, and even possibly warm milk. 

Its not boiled rice...tis the absorbtion method of cooking it....ketchup!

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

What's the difference in the resulting cooked rice? Do the two methods produce different results then?

Yes, boiling rice and the subsequent draining produces condensation. Result more water in the bilge.

And back on topic!!!!!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

Or one like it.Just looked up some dates,Blake wrote Jerusalem in 1820,Titanic mill was built in 1912. I'm wrong   [again]

3 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

Or one like it.Just looked up some dates,Blake wrote Jerusalem in 1820,Titanic mill was built in 1912. I'm wrong   [again]

And they wrecked the Lyrics ,Originals were: And did those Feet in Ancient Socks walk upon England's Mountains Green?

And was the Holy Spam of God etc.

Edited by cereal tiller

Exit stage left .....................

http://www.shakespearesglobe.com/theatre/whats-on/sam-wanamaker-playhouse/the-winters-tale-2016

.........................................................................?.................................................>

Edited by LadyG

2 hours ago, rusty69 said:
15 hours ago, rusty69 said:

These are alcoholic soups yes? 

15 hours ago, Tumshie said:

:lol: No - not that kind of fermented.

Is it the non alcoholic alcohol they contain then?

Pretty much. ?

The main point of the fermentation here is not the production of alcohol, so while some alcohol is produced during the fermentation process (obviously) it is then lost again in the later stages of the cooking and preparation process - so the soup / paste you buy has no alcohol in it. :D

• Happy 1

If you buy a mains dehumidifier, you will need to minimise ventilation (but leave enough open to stop you getting poisoned by carbon monoxide) otherwise it will try to dehumidify the world.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/meaco-dd8l-desiccant-dehumidifier-15349-energybulbscom-1355618

Edited by cuthound
Spillung

1 minute ago, cuthound said:

If you buy a mains dehumidifier, you will need to minimise ventilation (but leave enough open to stop you getting poisoned by carbon monoxide) otherwise it will try to dehumidify the world.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/meaco-dd8l-desiccant-dehumidifier-15349-energybulbscom-1355618

Your deal expired in 2012...Perhaps the stock dried up?

• Haha 1

As others have said, ventilation is the key.  If you are cruising a few lifestyle changes can make a big difference.  E.g. always shower and do any washing in the morning; or have a main meal at lunch time, particularly if it involves heating water; then cruise in the afternoon with windows / doors open front and back.  Even simply just opening and  closing front and rear doors periodically will get some air movement through the boat which can help.

At this time of year it can be much easier to resolve cold air than damp air.

Thanks everyone for your help, I've put down training pads with the inspection cover on top.

Rusty your rice sounds lovely jubbly.

But I think most of my condensation might just from boiled water rice especially.

Spoke to my mum she said well just buy tilda microwavable rice. And stop boiling stuff,  lived aboard now 3 years still bloody learning on condensation.

Anyway thank all.

9 minutes ago, Greyladyx said:

Spoke to my mum she said well just buy tilda microwavable rice. And stop boiling stuff,  lived aboard now 3 years still bloody learning on condensation.

Ah, and I was about to say Uncle Ben do the same thing. Microwave in the bag. Brill.

If you have a microwaver...... ?

10 minutes ago, Greyladyx said:

lived aboard now 3 years still bloody learning on condensation.

Ok water vapour makes condensation. Water vapour comes from:

People breathing

COOKING

Burning gas

COOKING

Boiling a kettle 

COOKING

Having a shower

COOKING

cooking

COOKING

And last of all, cooking. Not sure if I mentioned it. 

8 hours ago, Greyladyx said:

Thanks everyone for your help, I've put down training pads with the inspection cover on top.

Rusty your rice sounds lovely jubbly.

But I think most of my condensation might just from boiled water rice especially.

Anyway thank all.

Yeah, it is (much better than WotEvers) :)

See post #43,paragraph 3,subsection 2b,clause 87, amendment 6a.

• Haha 1