Help me out please.

Greyladyx

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, LadyG said:

2] depends on the fluid: brake  / caramel / Duckhams ............. all different.

Rice boiled in brake fluid is my FAVOURITE! How did you know?????

10 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Salt always alters things.

Yes it raises the boiling point so the food cooks quicker, or so they say. I doubt the quantities we use in cooking would make more than a degree or two difference though. Marginal. Cooking at sea level is quicker than on a hill has a similar effect to adding salt. 

12 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Rice boiled in brake fluid is my FAVOURITE! How did you know?????

Yes it raises the boiling point so the food cooks quicker, or so they say. I doubt the quantities we use in cooking would make more than a degree or two difference though. Marginal. Cooking at sea level is quicker than on a hill has a similar effect to adding salt. 

Entirely abstruse recondite connection.

In unpressurised aircraft it is impossible to make decent tea at 1,000 feet, adding salt does not help.

Edited by LadyG

12 hours ago, Greyladyx said:

Yer i have tainted wood starting.

I am going to wait until summer when it's dried out a varnish and silicone all the windows.

I guess I am being daft really but I don't want rust or wood to get a grip.

I think ventilation is the answer.  We have a stove at the bow, but don't get the sort of condensation problems you are describing.  We do get it on the windows in the morning, but I go round first thing with a Window-vac and a cloth to wipe the frames and that's it.

Yes boiling rice will add to the condensation, but try some of the suggestions above to reduce the amount of boiling.  When cooking I may open a side door or window top if it's producing a lot of steam but I don't really do anything else to stop the condensation.  I used to get some dripping from the frame round the inside of the rear hatch opening, but I stuck window tape round the exposed steel and that was enough to stop it.

Three things to cure your condensation:  ventilation, ventilation and ventilation.  No need for howling gales, just a gentle movement of air which should occur through your vents.  Do you screw down your roof vents in the winter? If so, try leaving them open more.

A SF stove will also draw air into the boat and help reduce condensation.

Just now, dor said:

Yes boiling rice will add to the condensation,

Another Master Of TheUnderstatement, you.

Boiling anything creates VAST amounts of water vapour. The steam coming off the boiling water is water vapour, the gas being burned underneath is bunging out water vapour and CO2 in approximately equal quantities. All of it is hot and is saturating the air at high temperature so when it meets a cool(er) surface the temp falls, the relative humidity hits 100% and water gets precipitated as condensation. 

Stop boiling stuff and the problem will go away!

8 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Entirely abstruse connection.

In unpressurised aircraft it is impossible to make decent tea at 1,000 feet, adding salt does not help.

Just now, LadyG said:

I edited abstruse to recondite, the power of the EDIT and the online thesaurus.

No you haven't!!

27 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I edited abstruse to recondite, the power of the EDIT and the online thesaurus.

24 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

How recherché of you! 

Can you both stop talking Greek please? and write proper english like wot we wuz brought up do in Yorkshire.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

Yes,quite correct,you are now an honorary Yorkshire lass. 

I used to play cricket at Scorton, so am halfway there, but am more of the moors and the dales, not those dark satanic mills.

Edited by LadyG

2 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

Yes,quite correct,you are now an honorary Yorkshire lass. 

I hear about a new trend in Yorkshire where youngsters are taking Ecstacy by injecting it directly into their mouth. Yuck!

They call it "E by gum". 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, WotEver said:

See post #39 :P

How come you can edit after an hour? Have you got special flied powers?

ETA. Appeasement is good though, add some peas, or spring onions to rice....mmmmm v nice.

Edited by rusty69