Marina smoke pollution

Piratepete

Featured Posts

On 10/12/2018 at 09:47, LEO said:

Hi,

Check your mooring conditions about fuels that can be burnt when moored in the marina, See if you neighbour is burning sawn up palletts as some of these are coated treatments that can be dangerous to heatlth when burnt. Have a word with the marina staff.

L

"Yep" if they are blue /green they are treated & toxic when burnt

23 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Maybe odd but I also like the smell of wood smoke, diesel and road tar...

, 2 stroke,  That doesn't include Stihl Ultra ?give me a headache the "R" castor bean oil now thats ?a different ball game

22 hours ago, Loddon said:

I smell  your 2T and I raise you Castrol R.....

I"ll settle for any of the brands of "R" or even synth with esters smell without "Goo"

18 hours ago, peterboat said:

I was at Mabelthorpe yesterday they were beach racing Castro R perfik took me back years in seconds ?

Great engine crap handling, and two steering dampers to stop tank slapping!! I had a Z1A first thing we did was slap it in a Rickman frame before we killed ourselves?

I have no doubt Don would have been shaking his head knowingly did you have your rear shocks re valved?made a wold of difference

5 hours ago, MJG said:

So are we saying there is no point in specifying a DEFRA approved stove on a boat??

Surely there would be at least some improvement??

Jayne has my old boatman stove in her lounge it dont smoke Martin and it aint defra approved but works very well, like you though its dry wood or smokeless, and a gas poker to light it which is brilliant

1 hour ago, X Alan W said:

I have no doubt Don would have been shaking his head knowingly did you have your rear shocks re valved?made a wold of difference

We bought frame forks and rear shocks came with it if I remember right, we had always had Dominators and Commandos, so we were used to bikes that would go around corners, not something that squirmed all over and tried to kill you at every bend

20 hours ago, peterboat said:

I was at Mabelthorpe yesterday they were beach racing Castro R perfik took me back years in seconds ?

Castrol R takes me back to watching Coventry Bees in the early 60's. Wonderful smell and if you got too close to the track there was the bonus of being peppered with shale. Plus proper JAP engines.

• image.jpeg.cd55fe4ed2b74674d8b2a2d7699fe38f.jpeg
Edited by Ray T

21 minutes ago, Ray T said:

Castrol R takes me back to watching Coventry Bees in the early 60's. Wonderful smell and if you got too close to the track there was the bonus of being peppered with shale. Plus proper JAP engines.

• image.jpeg.cd55fe4ed2b74674d8b2a2d7699fe38f.jpeg

The march of progress has taken place the oil total loss JAPhas been super seeded by the long sttoke Jawa CZ Short stroke Jawa  & now laid down Jawa but mostly Laid down GM

I thought thatcher got rid of the mining industry before aldi took over the planet?

Besides a bit of smokes nothing compared to working 400  metres from an open cut coal mine on fire. The  governments solution here was to deny there was a problem, then announce the doubling in size of the local hospital 3 years later with lots of cancer care beds.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

I thought thatcher got rid of the mining industry before aldi took over the planet?

Besides a bit of smokes nothing compared to working 400  metres from an open cut coal mine on fire. The  governments solution here was to deny there was a problem, then announce the doubling in size of the local hospital 3 years later with lots of cancer care beds.

Not quite correct. The real idiot of the piece was one Arthur Scargill.

• Greenie 2

43 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

It was Thatcher that stopped the development of flue filters to trap Co2 for power stations. She also chopped the research funding for burning coal underground to extract energy and trap pollution.  Scargill not the idiot,  he exposed the Govt biased funding for nuclear power. At that time if the coal industry received the same subsidy as the nuclear energy,  coal could have been given away and still made a profit and kept communities intact.  Scargill's methods and approach are questionable but by no means an idiot.

• Greenie 4

1 hour ago, plainsman said:

It was Thatcher that stopped the development of flue filters to trap Co2 for power stations. She also chopped the research funding for burning coal underground to extract energy and trap pollution.  Scargill not the idiot,  he exposed the Govt biased funding for nuclear power. At that time if the coal industry received the same subsidy as the nuclear energy,  coal could have been given away and still made a profit and kept communities intact.  Scargill's methods and approach are questionable but by no means an idiot.

Mrs That her was bad news on so many levels that I am constantly amazed that there is still anyone around who actually wants to defend her record in government.

Just one example: Thatcher the milk snatcher.

• Greenie 3

5 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

Mrs That her was bad news on so many levels that I am constantly amazed that there is still anyone around who actually wants to defend her record in government.

Yes ,she Caused Thousands of people to rely upon the Welfare and Benefits system ,took away their Pride and self worth.Her successor Mrs May has been busy dismantling Welfare and causing great distress ,Poverty and Premature Deaths.Maggie would be so Proud of her..

• Greenie 2

2 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

Yes ,she Caused Thousands of people to rely upon the Welfare and Benefits system ,took away their Pride and self worth.Her successor Mrs May has been busy dismantling Welfare and causing great distress ,Poverty and Premature Deaths.Maggie would be so Proud of her..

And of course outdated management practices along with union militancy played no part in any of this what so ever......

Your analysis is rather over simplistic I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Scargill was a product of Thatcher and that ideology, he didn't just act like that spontaneously. 

Scargill wasn't responsible for laying most of Wales and much of the North to waste, with decades of unending unemployment. Even though the coal industry was heading towards obsolescence, a more forward looking solution was needed instead of the fascistic approach taken, entirely driven by ideology. 

12 minutes ago, MJG said:

And of course outdated management practices along with union militancy played no part in any of this what so ever......

Your analysis is rather over simplistic I'm afraid.

a fine example of outdated management practices is in charge of our country at the present time, another in a long line of lazy, seat swapping governments of all denominations. On the face of it, not one government has had a forward vision and a plan for the future since the time of Nye Bevan. 

18 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

Along with her evil sidekick, Keith Joseph. 

• Greenie 3

2 hours ago, plainsman said:

That if I may say so is the King of all understatements!!

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

That if I may say so is the King of all understatements!!

I remember watching Mr Scargill night after night on the telly being interviewed on the news, saying his miners' dispute was nothing to do with saving the mining industry, his objective was to "bring down the guvverment".

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

I remember watching Mr Scargill night after night on the telly being interviewed on the news, saying his miners' dispute was nothing to do with saving the mining industry, his objective was to "bring down the guvverment".

Yes and he has shown his true colours with the NUM ever since!!

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Victor Vectis said:

Come on Tim.

You don't expect me to agree with that, do you?

?

No I dont lol. But I do appreciate your views on this matter more than most as you and I were absolutely in the middle of it at the time, not watching from the sidelines the tv news innitt.

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I don't think he actually managed that but he certainly holes it below the waterline. My memory of it is poor though, I was very young. 

? ?