how much

kingswood

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Does it include putting you back in again? I guess it wouldn't cost much more to stay out for a week

Well I was thinking £100 to drag it out, £100 to put it back in, and £100 a week for hard standing would be a typical midlands price.

2 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Does it include putting you back in again? I guess it wouldn't cost much more to stay out for a week

My last dry docking was £170 first day,and £45 per day thereafter.

They would only let you book three days,because they needed the dry dock for other work.

I would expect to pay less for a lift out/in and hard standing.

It depends on many factors mentioned above but some yards hire in a crane and these tend to be more expensive. 

I noticed your forum name is Kingswood, any connection to the area? Only asking as the dry dock above Hatton is very reasonable and you may end up paying not a lot more for them to do the blacking/docking as a package. 

no its on the river soar and i believe boats are just pulled out on a dolly it is undercover so i dont know if that makes a difference to price, another marina near by charges a lot less but its not under cover and is only for two days unless booked for a bank holiday

1 hour ago, kingswood said:

no its on the river soar and i believe boats are just pulled out on a dolly it is undercover so i dont know if that makes a difference to price, another marina near by charges a lot less but its not under cover and is only for two days unless booked for a bank holiday

I guess that you are talking about Sileby Mill. If you are having work done its worth getting them to pressure wash the hull as they have a good high pressure washer. Its not the time of year to be doing blacking even if its under cover - it would be OK in a heated dry dock.