boat related humour - share your boating jokes

sailor mcgee

Featured Posts

24 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

So you are CDO

Like COD but better because all of the letters are 'where they should be' (in order).

22 minutes ago, NB Lola said:

Now that’s funny, alas not about boats though.  Try harder!!

But it is about fish though! A ray of hope? Or a load of carp?

A sailor and a pirate are in a bar recounting their adventures at sea. Seeing the pirate’s peg-leg, hook, and eye patch the sailor asks: “So, how did you end up with the peg-leg?”

The pirate replies: “We were caught in a huge storm and a giant wave swept me overboard. Just as me crew were pullin’ me out a school of sharks appeared and one of ’em bit me leg off.”

“Blimey!” said the sailor . “And how’d you get the hook?”

“Arrrr…”, mused the old salt, “I got into a fight over a woman in a bar, and me hand got chopped off.”

“Blimey!” remarked the sailor. “And how about the eye patch?”

“Oh that,” said the pirate, looking embarrassed. A seagull droppin’ fell into me eye.”

“You lost your eye to a seagull dropping?” the questioner asked incredulously.

“Well…” said the old sea dog, ” it was me first day with the hook.”

• Greenie 1

so disappointing that a mod's wishes are being ignored or at the best circumvented.  we should respect these appointed authoritarian gentle-persons, they are unpaid volunteers and should not have the piss taken out of them.   

.............................   coat  :boat: 

5 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

so disappointing that a mod's wishes are being ignored or at the best circumvented.  we should respect these appointed authoritarian gentle-persons, they are unpaid volunteers and should not have the piss taken out of them.   

.............................   coat  :boat: 

??

7 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

ANOTHER non-boating joke.

You'll get yourself a Warning Point like I did!

Actually, which posting rule is being broken? 

3 blonde girls are on an island and they are much to far away from land to swim, they find a genie on the island who offers them each 1 wish, the first girl says “I wish I was smart enough to get off this island” so the genie makes her a redheaded girl, she cuts down a tree, makes it into a boat, and proceeds to row off the island. The next girl says “I wish I was even smarter then her so I don’t have to do so much manual labour” so she turns into a brunet and makes a sail boat and lets the wind take her off the island. The final girl says “I wish I was smarter than both of them!” So she turns into a man and takes the bridge.

Edited by Flyboy

1 hour ago, Greyladyx said:

Did you make her?

Your very random ?

Not judging I can be too.x

I first heard this pun in about 1974 when done by Led Zeppelin on their album "Houses of the Holy", with a track called "D'yer Mak'er". `A reggae track which when spoken out loud sounds like 'Jamaica'.

I don't think a lot of people got the joke at the time...

4 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I first heard this pun in about 1974 when done by Led Zeppelin on their album "Houses of the Holy", with a track called "D'yer Mak'er". `A reggae track which when spoken out loud sounds like 'Jamaica'.

They nicked the idea, and arguably part of the tune, from Booker T & The MGs' reggae pastiche 'Jamaica This Morning' from a couple of years earlier. That pun was definitely understood at the time.

2 hours ago, Athy said:

They nicked the idea, and arguably part of the tune, from Booker T & The MGs' reggae pastiche 'Jamaica This Morning' from a couple of years earlier. That pun was definitely understood at the time.

It's a lot older than that!  It can be traced back to at least 1913, and has been called upon many times since, including by PG Wodehouse.  I remember hearing it on the radio in the 1950s.

4 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

It's a lot older than that!  It can be traced back to at least 1913, and has been called upon many times since, including by PG Wodehouse.  I remember hearing it on the radio in the 1950s.

I do like the mental image of excess-loving hairies Led Zeppelin settling down with a cup of tea to read a book of Jeeves stories before going on stage.

7 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

A cargo boat carrying red paint collided with another cargo boat carrying blue paint.   The crews were all marooned !

Another classic, but not such a long pedigree - attributed to Ronnie Corbett.  Another one from him:

"All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my right hand."

22 minutes ago, Athy said:

I do like the mental image of excess-loving hairies Led Zeppelin settling down with a cup of tea to read a book of Jeeves stories before going on stage.

Not quite the same but back in the '70s there was this song called "All By My Self" (it was a terrible song) But it was practically note fore note Rachmaninoff's second Piano concerto. I'm not sure if he thought people just wouldn't notice. ?

28 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Another classic, but not such a long pedigree - attributed to Ronnie Corbett.  Another one from him:

"All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my right hand."

Yes but at least it was boat related.