Prop shaft problems

Featured Posts

I thought there was an earlier thread about the leaking stern gland on HMS Queen Elizabeth, but can't find it.  Anyway, there's quite a bit about prop shaft problems  on part 2 of this fun BBC documentary, starting at about 38:30 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b11bb1/britains-biggest-warship-series-1-2-in-at-the-deep-end

On 06/12/2018 at 08:45, Scholar Gypsy said:

I thought there was an earlier thread about the leaking stern gland on HMS Queen Elizabeth, but can't find it.  Anyway, there's quite a bit about prop shaft problems  on part 2 of this fun BBC documentary, starting at about 38:30 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b11bb1/britains-biggest-warship-series-1-2-in-at-the-deep-end

I’ve found that programme and the one on CH 5 about the destroyer some of the best telly on at the moment. Really interesting! 

5 hours ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

Yes, the self control when being buzzed by 15 Russian jets was quite impressive...

It was indeed, but to the cheeky Russian message of 'Good Luck', I would have been tempted to reply - 'Good show lads, but your not as good as the Red Arrows'.

5 hours ago, LEO said:

It was indeed, but to the cheeky Russian message of 'Good Luck', I would have been tempted to reply - 'Good show lads, but your not as good as the Red Arrows'.

I was thinking more of where they were with the Americans with the Russian boats shadowing them and at action stations for so long. With the risk of chemical weapons I was surprised they were not all clean shaven to wear respirators.  

Just for interest, Forces TV, channel 96 on Freeview, plus they have a web streaming service, are showing a 2010 channel 5 documentary about HMS Manchester in the Caribbean on her last deployment before she was sold off for scrap.  Last episode thisafternoon at 1500hrs.

In all the old dross on ch 96 there are some good documentaries about military kit.   PBS America on ch 94 also does some good documentaries.

• Greenie 1