Censorship

sailor mcgee

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Boater Sam said:

Happy now?

I took the original post as being a serious question. 

We like to get very vocal on occasion in our bedroom, is that OK?

We are moored with other boats, in a line. If the boat behind us is pointing the opposite way I can hear their arguments in the stern so they must be able to hear us.

Running an engine to mask the sounds is not an option between 8pm and 8am when the sounds of enthusiastic sex is most likely.

So is there a way of stopping the sound escaping from the rear hatches?

A gag

;)

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sailor mcgee said:

you lot talk about toilets openly, and bluntly so i figured... being blunt was ok. i misjudged that apparently

No, you didn't, its just someone has their knickers in a twist. Not for the first time either.

Perhaps as a gag?  Or a gag as in laugh?

Trouble is that boats have to have ventilation so effective sound proofing is just about impossible.

When I used to live in a house the woman who lived opposite was having an affair with her boss and used to bring him home every lunchtime and usually left the front bedroom window open, and was very loud, its not just boats.

Best to avoid Sunday mornings when the fishermen like to sit right outside the boat, or then again just carry on to remind them that you are having a lot more fun than they are..

..............Dave

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, sailor mcgee said:

maybe.  but being able to lay in yeh bed while sick and not have issues with noise cus you have a banging headache would be helpful - so its a valid question too for health reasons

Being a lifetime migrain victim I need a very quiet, very dark bedroom sometimes.

The light exclusion is easy. For the peace and quiet I have been known to  let the boat drift off into a quieter area with as little use of the engine as possible. It is very difficult to find a really quiet place these days.

3 minutes ago, dmr said:

Trouble is that boats have to have ventilation so effective sound proofing is just about impossible.

When I used to live in a house the woman who lived opposite was having an affair with her boss and used to bring him home every lunchtime and usually left the front bedroom window open, and was very loud, its not just boats.

Best to avoid Sunday mornings when the fishermen like to sit right outside the boat, or then again just carry on to remind them that you are having a lot more fun than they are..

..............Dave

were they Staff at the Local Bingo Hall?

28 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

Happy now?

I took the original post as being a serious question. 

We like to get very vocal on occasion in our bedroom, is that OK?

We are moored with other boats, in a line. If the boat behind us is pointing the opposite way I can hear their arguments in the stern so they must be able to hear us.

Running an engine to mask the sounds is not an option between 8pm and 8am when the sounds of enthusiastic sex is most likely.

So is there a way of stopping the sound escaping from the rear hatches?

Just make sure any arguments or loud sex you have fall between the hours of 8 am and 8 pm. sorted.

3 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

were they Staff at the Local Bingo Hall?

I suspect this is a joke, Ive tried really hard, but your'e gonna have to explain!.  It wa sactually a dental nurse and a dentist...there must be some joke potential there....but lets not get another thread closed ?

.............Dave

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Just make sure any arguments or loud sex you have fall between the hours of 8 am and 8 pm. sorted.

That rule only applies to recharging your batteries, anytime is fine as long as you are engaged in some sort of navigation!

...............Dave

Just now, dmr said:

That rule only applies to recharging your batteries, anytime is fine as long as you are engaged in some sort of navigation!

...............Dave

Well, yes,but how many couples engage in loud sex whilst cruising.No, wait, wait.......don't answer that one.