Censorship

sailor mcgee

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Although, if the sound is loud enough and clear enough the last thing anyone would do is knock on the door.

I would hope anyway :)

Some people are just plain vindictive. 

About a year ago I was so tired driving late one night I stopped for a doze in a (so I thought) isolated country lane. I was rudely awaked 20 mins later by a furious knocking on my window and a torch shining through on my face. Unable to see and fully expecting it to be a member of the local constabulary checking me out I wound down the window.

It was just this moany old git in a raincoat walking his dog, complaining about where I was parked, perfectly safely in the middle of nowhere. He wanted me to move my van as I 'shouldn't be parked there'. He could not explain why I shouldn't be there. WTF??!!!! Just did it to be an arse, I reckon. 

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Some people are just plain vindictive. 

About a year ago I was so tired driving late one night I stopped for a doze in a (so I thought) isolated country lane. I was rudely awaked 20 mins later by a furious knocking on my window and a torch shining through on my face. Unable to see and fully expecting it to be a member of the local constabulary checking me out I wound down the window.

It was just this moany old git in a raincoat walking his dog, complaining about where I was parked, perfectly safely in the middle of nowhere. He wanted me to move my van as I 'shouldn't be parked there'. He could not explain why I shouldn't be there. WTF??!!!! Just did it to be an arse, I reckon. 

I was cycling in the rain today, a one way sidestreet, I  decided to walk the rest of the way as I arrived at the main road, so I  pulled over and let a car pass on my LHS, he wound down his window and shouted at me [moi?]. What do you so with these people!

I've had worse than that, people are weird.

Edited by LadyG

7 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I was cycling in the rain today, a one way sidestreet, I  decided to walk the rest of the way as I arrived at the main road, so I  pulled over and let a car pass on my LHS, he wound down his window and shouted at me [moi?]. What do you so with these people!

I've had worse than that, people are weird.

Try working behind traffic management,  the whole world hates you.

Well not you but you get my drift

5 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

What methods are you proposing to earn a little money ?

Would the boat need soundproofing ?

no, i dunno.. boat yard with a spare hull perhaps that i can borrow - i literally have no plans i am a more salty sailor

10 minutes ago, LadyG said:

agreed

1 minute ago, bizzard said:

I was once stopped by a copper for driving along a one way street the wrong way. I told him I WAS only driving one way. He looked a bit confused at first but he came to and didn't let me off.

Beano?

2 hours ago, bizzard said:

I was once stopped by a copper for driving along a one way street the wrong way. I told him I WAS only driving one way. He looked a bit confused at first but he came to and didn't let me off.

I got stopped for speeding on my way to work many years ago. I’d sped up before the derestriction signs 100 yards further on. I explained to the copper that I was late to work because my car wouldn’t start. He looked at me, smiled, and said “It’s going well now, isn’t it?”

22 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I got stopped for speeding on my way to work many years ago. I’d sped up before the derestriction signs 100 yards further on. I explained to the copper that I was late to work because my car wouldn’t start. He looked at me, smiled, and said “It’s going well now, isn’t it?”

That seems very unfair.

Reminds me of the tale about the bloke stopped for speeding and complains to the cop 'Why me, EVERYONE was going too fast, I was just keeping up with the traffic?"

Cop says "Do you ever go fishing, sir?" "Do you catch all of 'em?"

• Happy 1