Censorship

sailor mcgee

Featured Posts

To try to reply seriously, for a moment, as has been stated, the problem with sound proofing is the need for ventilation. From my experience with a similar need for silence, really good spray foam insulation, plus a room that can be closed, I.e. solid doors, really helps. Then roof vents that can be closed, or stuffed with cushions etc. Then remember to remove said cushion. The only way to deal with the boat rocking was mooring it up really well.

ETA :  portholes rather than windows are also better for light and sound transference.

Edited by Stilllearning

1 hour ago, sailor mcgee said:

perhaps theres someone with a canal boat or boat company where i can earn a little money and get that experiance, but im not sure how to build those links

This post now seems a little off topic. ?

The Jobs I've had where I gained the most experience I always got with a little humility and a lot of word of mouth. Nothing is more valuable than on the ground face to face chats with people, so make your self know but don't make your self a pest. And don't underestimate the importance of honesty - in some cases employers want you to be able to learn, if they believe that you think you know so much that you can't learn you might be less appealing to them. 

There are people on this forum who work on different parts of narrowboat design and building so it might be worth asking where they advertise when/if they need new staff. 

?

Edited by Tumshie

https://photos.app.goo.gl/s8RDfKWRur8mq5Vh7

for the pure interest of boats, i ask about insulation as on a boat like the type i have previously built we heal with whole trees not branches we use little insulation. when i was in school at least. heres a photo of the machine we used. i know most are metal now due to the amount of crud in the canals.

after we processed the trees we'd put some into planks https://photos.app.goo.gl/tH6YQgB8MDByiZnD6

to  stop cracks while they where seasoning we would add paint to the ends of the logs and occasionally add metal supports to stop the splits. not uncommon to find nails in the wood. therefore insulation in the design is important to me - before going here i knew this much about boats: they use ropes and hopefully float. now though i know a little more than that.

for smaller boats we used frames to frame them up and slowly begin planking https://photos.app.goo.gl/GREVxExSnpGi3DhQ6
im sharing this as a way of ensuring that people understand i am genuinly not a sock puppet or a troll

Edited by sailor mcgee
  • Greenie 1

2 hours ago, sailor mcgee said:

how do you sound proof a bedroom so you have the ability to be noisy? i mean i dont wanna feel like i am not allowed to orgasm propperly.

#boatsarockingdontcomenocking

I used to have a girlfriend who was rather "noisy"

I used to put a pillow over her face at her climax.  Not hard enough to suffocate her you understand,but enough to muffle the howl.

Sadly those days have long gone........sigh.

The pillow will be much cheaper and less hassle than trying to soundproof your boat.

Just now, Mad Harold said:

I used to put a pillow over her face at her climax.  Not hard enough to suffocate her you understand,but enough to muffle the howl.

The pillow will be much cheaper and less hassle than trying to soundproof your boat.

Does that work for DIY too?

4 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

Yes, and even cheaper not to have a girlfriend. 

1 hour ago, dmr said:

I suspect this is a joke, Ive tried really hard, but your'e gonna have to explain!.  It wa sactually a dental nurse and a dentist...there must be some joke potential there....but lets not get another thread closed ?

.............Dave

Just loud Voices Legs Eleven  full house and all that stuff nothing erudite

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Me too. Long ago I found a map...

Now you just need to sort out which side of the canal is which, then! :lol:

1 minute ago, bizzard said:

I used to go out with a station announcer. she would call out  '' I've arrived'' when we made love.

Not "we apologise for the delay" then?

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

It is important to minimise the sound of said activity.  It is so disconcerting to have somebody knocking on the door, offering to call the emergency services, at an inconvenient moment.

Although, if the sound is loud enough and clear enough the last thing anyone would do is knock on the door.

I would hope anyway :)

7 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Our neighbour had a recording studios and used this stuff

https://www.efoam.co.uk/acoustic-foam-tiles-panels.php?gclid=Cj0KCQiAi57gBRDqARIsABhDSMqm51yO0EbQ9wg39zEvJiHymWmfIX_5lvi-btVFjtS0biX3Mn_mOVoaAj5GEALw_wcB

Never heard them coming or going.

I see what you did there, coming or going LOL

Phil

• Greenie 1