Calor Gas Prices - Increases December 10th

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

18 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

They have just gone up to £34.50 (Calor RRP)

So a bit more than a quid!

Where are you? Sill between 25 and 27 quid in Wigan (except for one place but nobody goes there.)

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Gas retailers buy at RRP less an agreed / negotiated discount and they sell at a minimum of RRP. If they are found selling below RRP then their agreement is cancelled.

Illegal, surely? I was given to understand that price fixing had long been abolished. Where we are currently moored a 13kg Calor can vary by nine quid, depending where you buy. 

Edited by Guest
mistake in price

2 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

I've not paid that - I just spotted it on the Calor website after someone was complaining the other week.

Cheers. Sorry I misunderstood.

3 minutes ago, furnessvale said:

I filled up the last time I put diesel in the tank.........but mine was tears!

George

I know the feeling, but we need to get used to it.

6 minutes ago, furnessvale said:

I filled up the last time I put diesel in the tank.........but mine was tears!

George

Ahh, I put petrol into my diesel car a few years back. It appeared to do no lasting harm. I just diluted it with some diesel as soon as I’d made some space in the tank. 

17 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Ahh, I put petrol into my diesel car a few years back. It appeared to do no lasting harm. I just diluted it with some diesel as soon as I’d made some space in the tank. 

I believe the serious damage is done putting diesel in a petrol car, but I won't be trying it.

George

41 minutes ago, WotEver said:

apparently 19 litres of petrol in my diesel tank, topped up with diesel and then driven at speed for 50 miles (then topped up with diesel again), probably did my engine the world of good.?

• Happy 1

27 minutes ago, furnessvale said:

I believe the serious damage is done putting diesel in a petrol car, but I won't be trying it.

George

They still run as long as its not to much but I am not saying how  well they run?Ask me how I know? anyway I am so glad that I took all the gas out of my boat and am currently fitting the electric drive, it gives a nice full feeling in my wallet ?

7 minutes ago, peterboat said:

They still run as long as its not to much but I am not saying how  well they run?Ask me how I know? anyway I am so glad that I took all the gas out of my boat and am currently fitting the electric drive, it gives a nice full feeling in my wallet ?

So taking it for a good thrash down the motorway to burn off the diesel (as one lad was advised by his sergeant) is not the best idea? ?

George

9 minutes ago, furnessvale said:

So taking it for a good thrash down the motorway to burn off the diesel (as one lad was advised by his sergeant) is not the best idea? ?

George

They pink like a bugger!! and will hardly rev up and starting them aint so good either

13 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Virtual greenie ?

48 minutes ago, peterboat said:

They still run as long as its not to much but I am not saying how  well they run?Ask me how I know? 

Mine ran on virtually neat petrol until I’d made enough space to dilute it a bit. At least 100 miles. Then another couple of hundred before I diluted it a bit more. 

Don't worry folks, price rises are not important, look what they are doing for us.

Logo - Calor
790749_spacer.gif
889492_headerdivider.png
790749_spacer.gif

Winter is upon us

790749_spacer.gif
We're ready!
790749_spacer.gif

Dear Network Plus user

Since last winter, Calor, together with its business partners and other SHV Energy colleagues, has spent this spring and summer looking at contingency plans, past performance analysis and future resource management, in order to set ourselves up for this winter season. We have implemented essential changes with an absolute focus on improving safety and availability, which are summarised below.

Cylinder Availability

Our customers need safe, affordable cylinders of a size and type that are suitable to fuel their LPG appliances. They expect these requirements to be met via a local collection point or a fast, reliable delivery service. As an authorised Calor retailer, you are fundamental to our ability to deliver this promise.

Below are some actions we have taken over the last few months to enable you to do this with confidence. 

• Established a dedicated national cylinder supply department to constantly monitor and adjust cylinder stocks by location to ensure supply/demand fulfilment.
  • Purchased thirty seven thousand additional propane cylinders (18, 19 & 47kg), which are now all in our plants.
  • Secured 13% more cylinders in our plants today compared to a year ago with improved availability across the core range.
  • Ensured winter butane stocks are already in place.

Cylinder Distribution

Our success in the cylinder markets relies on our ability to provide retailers with a safe, secure supply of cylinders from across our range. These need to be provided on a fleet of dedicated vehicles driven by fully trained and competent professionals. That has always been our mission and we have made some recent changes to improve our competence in this area even further.  These changes address our drivers and our infrastructure.

Our Drivers

Our drivers have always been an important part of our customer-facing team of service providers. In the last few weeks, we were delighted to welcome 12 apprentice drivers who will be in place this season and we see this as the first group of many thereby creating a growing permanent driver workforce. All of our existing drivers have been put on more flexible contracts which include a performance-related bonus scheme. They will also be provided with additional training to enable us to have a single team of national multi-skilled drivers able to deliver cylinders and bulk gas as demand requires. 

Our Infrastructure

Earlier this year, we completed major investments in our cylinder filling infrastructure in the north and the south. This significantly increases our ability to fill and maintain cylinders for use throughout the whole of GB. Our Calor Centres, depots and filling plants are now all ‘winter ready’. Ongoing stock levels are monitored on a national basis, utilising automatic ordering technology, ensuring that cylinder assets are in the right place at the right time. Our vehicles are managed on a national basis too, so that we have a fully integrated logistics capability from filling plant to retailer.

To support this distribution-focused infrastructure and our independent cylinder retail network, our sales, marketing and support services are now managed through a dedicated team of field and office based professionals. 

Finally…

We believe we are better prepared for winter today than for many years, but we would like to ask for your help to get maximum impact from these initiatives:

1. Please order what you need for when you need it – over ordering or under estimating could lead to shortages in some areas or reduce your ability to supply your customers if you run out.
  2. Check your stockist and wholesale customers’ stock. Cylinders which just sit in customers’ premises without being used cost us all – including, ultimately, the Calor consumer.
  3.  If you’re worried about any aspect of your own winter preparations, call your Calor Sales Professional, they may be able to help.

We can assure you that we remain totally committed to our retailer network and to the future development of the cylinder business.  We are going into this winter with significant resources so that you can feel confident in your mission to supply Calor to your customers, wherever they are and whatever the weather!

Kind regards,

Calor