Recommend me a battery setup

Rory_d

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

The  Dettol laundry stuff definitely does kill nasties, I use it mostly in the final rinse, but some in a quick warm wash if I think they need a good zap,

Do you use that instead of or as well as a laundry liquid / powder?

I use the Dettol Laundry instead of laundry softener, I use the wash liquid in all laundry but I also add Dettol Laundry to the wash  for undies that are at 30 plus the laundry liquid in the softener compartment. but being in a soft water area I probably use less laundry liquid, plus modern laundry liquids tend to be much stronger than those we started off with twenty years ago.

I can't believe I am discussing this, but modern bras do OK in a 30 wash.

Dettol Laundry is in a white bottle in the lower shelves in Morrisons :) in with the softeners.

No more questions .................

Edited by LadyG

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

Aren't those rubber suits a bit expensive - I know you got a bit smelly in them but ……………………………

Image result for miss whiplash

Can't you find a different pic.I'm getting bored of that one.Anyway, I just jump in the canal to clean that suit!

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

I use the Dettol lLaundry instead of laundry softener, but I add it to the wash  for undies that are at 30 plus the laundry liquid, but being in a soft water area I probably use less laundry liquid, plus modern laundry liquids tend to be much stronger than those we started off with twenty years ago.

I might have I look for the laundry specific Dettol, it would be handy for lower temps, like you say. :)

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Can't you find a different pic.I'm getting bored of that one.Anyway, I just jump in the canal to clean that suit!

Do you get out the canal all squeaky clean. :giggles:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

But you are so gorgeous, but (as usual) your every wish is my command.

Image result for chubby in a wet suit

And of course your Sunday-Suit is immaculate :

Image result for chubby in a wet suit

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Haha 2
  • Horror 1

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

Dettol Laundry is in a white bottle in the lower shelves in Morrisons :) in with the softeners.

No more questions ..............

I have a question. Isn't it better to polish your brass rather than stick it in the washing machine?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

. For instance a hobby boater not on hook up takes boat out for weekend and stays out cruising a few hours for a couple of days but final day he moors lets say one our from his/her base. The last night whilst moored up they use all the usual stuff including fridge etc etc etc. That last day having depleted their batteries to say fifty percent they take a steady one hour trip back to base and turn engine off thinking nothing of it or thinking I am here weekend after next and when we take boat out that will fully charge the batteries.................WRONG

I use to see this with the Shared Ownership boats at Stockton. They would moor up Thursday lunch time half a mile from the marina, vacuum the boat out and do cleaning, sit and watch TV all evening, next morning half a mile to the marina and go home. Friday afternoon next owner arrives and as time is getting on goes half a mile and moors for the night, lights on and watching TV, so in 2 nights the boat has done a mile. 

• Horror 1

21 minutes ago, Rory_d said:

Wish I hadn’t bothered asking

You have a lot to learn Grasshopper.

Batteries and electricity generation are by far and away to most challenging aspect to living aboard. Most newbies grossly underestimate it and spend the first three years living aboard struggling to figure out why their batteries keep failing at £300 per set of four. You are showing every sign of treading the same path. 

I think you have convinced yourself it can't be that difficult simply because there are a lot of boats out there with similar-looking electrical systems.  

• Greenie 1

7 hours ago, Rory_d said:

Well, it was worthwhile: you have been advised of a few bear-traps ahead, and you understand that electricity is not "on tap", unless you are moored at an electricity point.

Would you like to re-phrase the question?

Edited by LadyG

4 minutes ago, starman said:

Tony Brooks of this forum has a very simple to follow, down to earth website http://www.tb-training.co.uk/cover.html which will tell you a lot of what you want to know without any jokes or sarky comments ?

Just now, rusty69 said:

As advised in post  #3

Post #3 (an hour after the question) also answered the question as to how to determine the number of batteries - do a power-audit.

All of the other posts were simply to 'bounce' the thread back to the top to give the OP chance to notice he had replies.

On 04/12/2018 at 00:01, Rory_d said:

I have no idea how much power I will need etc so please can I have recommendations on battery’s and how many would be advised.

Four. 

9 hours ago, Rory_d said:

I’m sorry my initial answer wasn’t to your liking. Hope my answer above is more to your liking. 

• Haha 2
  • Horror 1